Wednesday, April 25, 2007

10 Unknown Things About Me

Ok, I caved. Here they are...

1. Whenever I walk past a staircase with a new baby I have to turn away a little because I am always afraid I will trip and drop the baby over. (Coo coo)

2. I love eating late at night even though I know it is bad for me.

3. I love watching people. I also love watching them sleep.

4. I LOVE watching infomercials!!! Sometimes it isn't even on purpose. Before I know it 20 minutes has passed by! I get addicted to the crazy people selling the stuff. I can't do it when Kevin is home because he always has the remote.

5. I have to sleep with two pillows too, Mandy!

6. If I eat too much cookie dough I get sweaty. How weird is that!

7. I miss black people. Utah isn't diverse enough!!!

8. My husband just installed a Biffy on our master toilet ( a bade' built in to your toilet. spelling?) and I love it! Don't tell him. He can find out for himself when he reads this!!!

9. I love to peel my fingernails when there is a little "flake" on them. Bad habit.

10. Every time somebody I know reminds me of someone famous, it ends up being a famous black person!!! Examples: Grandma C.= Bill Cosby, Uncle Eric = Will Smith/Denzel Washington, Aunt Aleda = Oprah Winfrey, Jesse Harber = 50 Cent, Stacey Liu = Janet Jackson, Leslie Hadley = Halley Berry, the list goes on. It is rare someone white.

60 comments:

Eliza said...

Little E - Tiger Woods

Oh do you have a fear of heights? My fear is getting too close to the edge and accidently falling over. I have 2 girlfriends that have the fear that they will jump off of high things. WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? I think my mom has that one too.

Lyd said...

Yes!! I have that fear of jumping off of high things too!! I hate it, but I do it every time.

Chad - Denzel Washington/The Rock

The Christensen's said...

Brad thinks the bade' thing is weird - I told him Kevin has always had a fascination with it. Although I'm sure he's interested in trying it out next week! :)

Sarah said...

I LOVE that you associate people with famous black people...that is hilarious!

-KJ said...

I don't have a fear of JUMPING! That is weird. I do have a fear of falling or tripping!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't make your list of famous black people associations...it's the 3% caucasian in me isn't it!

Mandy said...

i love to watch people as well. and tay and i LOVE to watch infomercials as well. taylor more than me...have you seen the magic bullet...i so want one haha!! i have that fear of jumping off things. its weird. i always look down and think my legs just might jump on their own. i have to stay away from edges as much as possible. its not that i WANT to jump, i feel like my legs will act up and go over the edge..so weird

-KJ said...

You are too hot Mel! I haven't found anyone that is your calibur yet!!! I'll keep my eye open. She is probably from South Carolina! Hee hee!

-KJ said...

My friend Melanie that just commented is such a sucker for infomercials - don't deny it Mel! She owns the Magic Bullet and everything else we've ever seen on TV. If you want to know if something is good ask her!
I like the ones that has that old brunette lady that bakes everything in the sandwich makers or whatever they are. She is crazay!

Eliza said...

I was at the conference center for the RS general meeting once and my friend said, "we can't sit by the front of the balcony because I'll ruin the meeting for everyone." I was all, "what?" and she said so seriously, "I'll jump over the edge and give people a horrible experience". I wanted to laugh but she was so serious. ON THE CRACK COCAINE!!!!!

Eliza said...

Can't watch the magic bullet anymore...seen it too much. What about the meat machine that makes sandwiches without bread?

-KJ said...

What? I missed that one! I must be on my computer too much! I would love that one. Have you seen the lady who does the hair extention clips and the self tanner wipes? That woman is addicting to watch! She is a psycho! I luff it!

-KJ said...

Lyd, I don't get Denzel for Chad. I think The Rock is perfect! I think that all the time. I also get Will Smith for him and Jim Carrey. I think Jim is because Chad used to try to impersonate him. I don't know how I missed that part of your comment the first time I read it! :p

Mandy said...

that old lady cooking in the sandwich maker one is funny. i love how she cooks "dessert" in them and when she opens it up she says doesnt that just look yummy? and it looks like poop! it is so sick and burnt looking. crazy!
i love watching qvc as well. they have the craziest people on there.

Eliza said...

The breadless meat machine was an invention from Tracy Morgan on 30 Rock....Hilarious!!!!

-KJ said...

We have totally gotten into that show lately! He is so funny I can't stand it! I must have missed that episode!

-KJ said...

Here's one for you guys. This is actually a white guy that reminds me of a WHITE guy! Who knew. Mike Moore - Conan O'Brian.
Sorry all you non family members who don't know who he is.

Nichole said...

Thanks for doing the list, they are always fun to read.
Crazy that you went from Las Vegas and Cheyenne to Utah! No wonder you are missing the diversity. I don't know any black people that would want to live in Utah!

Eliza said...

There is the coolest Black guy in my ward KJ. He is from Ghana and his name is Stephen..HAH!!!!!!! He is actually my neighbor and he has the best life story...I'll have to tell it to you when we drive to Begah next Wed.

Oh and Gary Coleman lives here in Utah AND Karl Malone and...I'm sure there are many. Utah ain't that bad...if it were why would all the celebs come here to ski?

Eliza said...

I thought Mike Moore was Conan....Mah bad.

Mel said...

There are lots of black guys in Utah, but they are all in college playing either football or basketball. That's the only way they will come here, to play sports.

Anonymous said...

I miss black people, too.

liufamily said...

Any time you want to fix your craving of diversity, come and visit. I think I am one of maybe 4 white people in my neighborHOOD. And thanks a whole lot for the Janet thing. Yea, I rock abs like that in my dreams. maybe you got that whole diving off the stairs thing after you saw our dearly departed dog go sailing off Eric's stairs at the cabin.

Lyd said...

Eric even thinks that Chad is like Denzel! Hard core! But he thinks that The Rock is more like Steve.

Tiffany said...

I miss black people too!

-KJ said...

Chad WISHES he was like Denzel. That is why I probably refuse to see the similarities. I won't recognize it!

Eliza said...

KJ-you said it I thought it.

Tiff - where do you live? I know...it's off the subject. I'll bring it back...Hey curtis is bringing me a slurpee!

-KJ said...

We actually have 4 black kids in our ward, but no adults. It's a start. They have to grow up one day!

Mel said...

Jake and I want to adopt a little black boy so he and Tyler can walk down the street together singing, "Ebony and Ivory"! No, we have actually talked about it though!

Alli Easley said...

I have a black husband yo. But he's a Kigger, ain't that right Kissy?

Tiffany said...

Liza- I live up in Wash state. Its called Kennewick its southeast Wash. I love it not as crazy as Vegas.But I will always love Vegas.

Tiffany said...

Kissy- I sent your shirts yesterday.So you should get them soon!

-KJ said...

Sweet! Thanks Tiff!
Ali, too bad everyone thinks he is a Poly! Hee hee. Poly wanted a cracker and he got one! Oh dang! I am funny.

Mandy said...

kj you make me laugh!

Eliza said...

Tiff, I want so shirts! I knew a guy from my freshman ward from there.

KJ, how long have you been saving that one up for?

Eliza said...

I want SOME shirts...man my fingers can't work with my brain!

-KJ said...

too long. I'm a loser. I guess I could have used it on my cousin Stacey!

Eliza said...

KJ - I must say it was a good one

liufamily said...

The other day someone in my ward called my kids mutts!!! But her kids are about as mixed as mine, so I couldn't be offended.:p

liufamily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-KJ said...

I guess you could be offended if your kids weren't cute, but they are soooo beautiful!!! I love mixed breeds! Haha. I swear they end up making the prettiest children.

Nichole said...

Where is the waxing post that you were talking about? I want to read it now!!!

Tiffany said...

Hey Liza, did you say you wanted some shirts?My sis-in-law sells Modbe clothes,if you want some let me know!

Mandy said...

the waxing discussion is on taras blog under her unknown things post.

-KJ said...

Thanks for saying that Mandy! Kev just went to that post and read all of it!!! Yikes!

Mel said...

Okay so why are our husband's all of a sudden starting to get interested in our blogging? Jake has been getting on to read too! I don't mind, but do we have to start being careful about what we talk about?

Nichole said...

Billy hates blogs! But, he does read mine every chance he gets!
I already found the waxing post, would have left a comment, but I didn't want Tara to be like, what the? why is Nichole commenting on my blog!

-KJ said...

I hate blogging...so what does everyone have to say? What ever guys!!! You can't have it both ways!

Anonymous said...

Kjersten, I swear you are the most blunt and sassy girl I know.

-KJ said...

Thanks?

-KJ said...

I hope you all know that my comment before Stacey's was directed to all our husbands!!!

Anonymous said...

:) (That's a good thing. You just always say what everyone else is thinking. I bet your husband has some good stories to tell!)

-KJ said...

Poor Kevin. I bet he wishes he had a mute button for me!

Alli Easley said...

I say the same thing about Mike having a mute button for me all the time. Our poor husbands...marrying into this fam damily.

-KJ said...

Hey yall, I'm off to sunny CA today!!! Yippee! Talk to you on Sunday!

Mel said...

You could have at least given us something new to look at while you were gone! Geesh!

Nichole said...

I think she is waiting for this post to break 100 comments!

-KJ said...

OK, I'm back! I will post some new pics tonight! I could have left you a picture of the hole in the ground that will soon be my new house, but now that I am back there is a foundation!

Mandy said...

im ready for the DL pics we missed out on! ;(

-KJ said...

I will post them soon! Kev really wanted me to post the pics of our house, and I meant to do it before I went to Cali, so I thought I would do it first. Alli took sooo many! I am surprised she didn't post more.