Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer Sabbatical Is Over

We're alive!!!!!!! I know, I know. It has been a decade or so since I have posted. A combination of things lead to that, of course. It was mostly laziness, but we did have house guests for a month, went out of town a few times, thought my computer was broken, and on and on. It seems like I did this last summer too. Anyway, here is a run down of our lives for the last two months. I would love to say I will give you the summarized version of it, but you all know me too well. I will do my best.

After the last post, we had an incredible 80th surprise birthday party for my Grandma Christensen. I have to admit that the best part was seeing her reaction. She was truly surprised. It was so wonderful to have so many family members there to celebrate her life. If only I was as fit as she is now! She is such an inspiration!!! Eliza took pictures, so check her blog out. Uh, yeah, that was in June so you have to scan way back!

July was packed with festivities! It started out with a fabulous 4th of July weekend at the Harber/Nelson compound in Cedar Breaks. There was tons of four wheeling, food, fireworks, and I mustn't forget the sweet scavenger hunt Nola put together. BTW, our team one! I love getting together with those Nelson's. We laugh our brains out!

As soon as we got home, we greeted Mr. Michael Easley to our home! He just got a new job here, and crashed with us until Alli got here and 'till their house was ready. It was fun having them here...kittens and all! Our house seems so empty now! Alli and I had plenty of late nights. I have grown so much closer to her from this time we had. LOVE YOU ALLI!!! It was fun to get to know Michael better too. Too bad Spence wanted to wrestle all the day with him. Too bad for Harper that "Dolly" was making out with him by the end. Sigh. Glad to have you crazies here with us in Utah!!!

We also celebrated Kevin's birthday. Sadly, there is not much to speak of. I didn't really go above and beyond on this one. We did go to a movie! :P Next year? Maybe our Bear Lake trip a few days later made up for it. We had a blast with Kevin's family. We celebrated the 24th with some fireworks, and we also celebrated Big Steve's birthday too!

We also had a bridal shower for Lauren in Las Vegas. It was a busy weekend because we also went to Jason and Jen's wedding too. It was beautiful, and we are excited to see them so happy. The shower was fun, and it was fun to have a party just for the girls!

August came so fast, and we managed to squeeze in baby Taylor's blessing in before we all headed to Mesa for Ryan and Lauren's wedding!!!! What a wonderful weekend. You will need to refer to Lydia's blog for the pictures. Spencer got some interesting shots as he played photographer at the reception. Anywho, we barely made into town with enough time for me to fly over to the temple for Lauren's endowment session. I was so glad I made it in time, but it was sweltering in there! Poor Lauren almost passed out...for the second time that day (you'll have to get the story from her. It's great). Later that night we experienced the full meaning of "monsoon season." Yeah. Really. Flooding and all. It cleared up by morning just leaving behind all the awesome humidity. Oh, my hair was rockin' it. We had a wonderful family dinner with all the family that was in town. Ryan is so blessed to marry into such a great family. They are a blast! Kevin and I are contemplating inviting ourselves down for Christmas. We love warm weather Christmas's!

The sealing was beautiful, of course. The only bad part was waiting outside in the scorching heat during pictures. BLEH!!! I am a complainer, but I did feel worse for Ry and Lauren! All those layers! The reception was fun, and the video was exceptionally excellent considering it had two completely random pictures of Eric...by himself. Hahaha! We loved it all. We especially love that Ryan found Lauren. She will fit in perfectly with our family and he with hers.

Finally, we capped the week off with a couple days in Vegas visiting Stacey and Lance's clan at Cal and Jeanette's house (THANKS!), and then a few days swimming in St. George. It was a fun way to break the week up, but we are so glad to be home. I must say that I am lovin' this 85 degree weather! I am a little sad to see the summer coming to an end, but I can't help but anticipate the fall either...

...and I'm spent!

18 comments:

Dani said...

Well welcome back lady! I was starting to think that after the auction block party that you went for a summer-long cruise....well, maybe you wished you had! LOL

Sounds like you have been busy - so much fun though, and no one better to spend it with than family. I'm all about that :]

Amanda said...

i was wondering whether or not you were still alive!
it sounds like you guys have had amazing summer! i'm hoping that the 4th of july tradition lives onto next year so that we can be there!

Tara said...

Yeah, you're back! I am officially a Utah resident now, at least for the next 20 months. We will have to get together soon. You've been missed!

Lyd said...

Speaking of being a Utah resident, I should prolly get a new license. GAG!! I do NOT want a gay Utah license! Boo hiss!!

Anyway, yes, it is great to see that there is something new on there, even if I knew that you weren't dead. ;)

Tiffany said...

OMG!!! Why am I cracking up about Mr. Black!!!!! Big Papa Paul!!! O' how I miss your fam! There is a good chance we are coming to Utah Labor Day weekend....do you want to play????

-KJ said...

Tiff, that would be so fun! We should get together with Tara and Mel!!!

Tara, I am so excited you're here! I hope the move went well. Hopefully it wasn't too traumatic!

Eliza said...

k... how did the toes hold up? Need any repairs? AND I need the Mickey info!

Lyd said...

Repairs? She needs a whole new set! She be salivating to pull them off!!

One of mine chipped and she tried to pull mine off!! I gave in to her temptations a day later, and picked them off as well. :( I regret it. And while we're on the subject...would it be cool if I brought my roommate to get some done next week? If not, it's not big deal.

Allison Easley said...

OH!!!!!! I'm so glad you're blogging again! I missed you! Thanks for having us while we got this crazy house semi-livable! You're so generous, and hello, such an awesome cook! Mike wants to move back in and um, Harper misses his Dolly aka Make-Out-Partner. He sings like she does now everywhere we go, I loves it.

K, come see me Thursday!

Nichole said...

Welcome back! I was getting a little tired of the Auction Block Party!
You must have accomplished so much away from the computer. Maybe we should all take summers off!

The Christensen's said...

Glad your back! Although I didn't see Louisville KY on your summer vacation list! You know you are running out of time :) Looks like you guys had a great summer!!

-KJ said...

Liza, I admit to all of Lydi's accusations! I was literally salivating when one of mine chipped, and off they came. I am pretty sad now that I did it!!! If I promise to leave them on longer, will you do them again?

Alli, Thursday probably works. I forgot I have to drive tomorrow for bowling. Curses! Thank heavens this is the last day. I have something Thursday night for Spencer, but I want to get the girls hair done! If for some crazy reason I can't come that day, will Friday work?

Nichole, yeah right. I wish I got a ton done! At least we can check off sodding our backyard!

Sorry Krista! One day, I swear!

aubrey. said...

whoa that post was HUUUGE! :)
Im lucky I got to see you for a little bit of your summer fun at Laurens shower!
Love ya!

Mandy said...

did you even sleep?
yes, maybe one day we can spend at least 10 minutes hanging out! :)

Nicole Cave said...

Glad you are alive...it feels like just yesterday that you were talking about your house being built and then the holidays...are we really getting close to the Fall again!!!? Your summmer seems like it was fun...I am ready for school to start!!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you are back and blogging!! Sounds like you'll need a vacation just to recover from all the traveling you have done this summer!! Sounds like you have had fun though, and that is what counts!

k8shoe said...

Cute pictures! Ryan's new wife is beautiful! Where did you end up finding your dress for the wedding? It was fun to chat at lunch....let's go again soon!

Lisa said...

I am tired just reading that post! I think we were in bear lake at the same time. Isn't the water there so amazing.