Saturday, August 30, 2008

Butt Wipe Bootcamp

There are two things I am not looking forward to this week.

1. Teaching Spencer how to wipe his own bum.

2. Potty training Olivia

The first is long overdue, but believe it or not, I was more willing to do it for him than to have to Shout every pair of his undies. I suddenly realized that I let the whole summer slip away, and now I am faced with the reality of either me dealing with it in the privacy of our own home or having his teacher call me and tell me about the mess she had to clean up after Spencer clogged the toilet. There are plenty of you moms who have already gone through this. Any pointers? I am guessing it really shouldn't be too big of a process. Fingers crossed.

As for Miss Oli, she has expressed enough interest in wearing her princess panties and the potty that I think this should be fairly easy. Probably famous last words. I have decided to opt out of using Pull Ups. Unnecessary in my book. Once again, that will probably come back to bite. One less child around the house for half the day should help with my ability to focus. I am sure Oli will thrilled with the opportunity to run around in panties all day, drinking Capri Suns, and watching TV.

21 comments:

Nichole said...

Good luck with both! No two experiences are the same. Jaylin still needs assistance occasionally, I have been blaming the Miralax but maybe I am in denial. I was so proud that Sage was doing it by herself... until yesterday. It was smeared everywhere, I think she thought it was brown crayon. So gross.
One thing that helped me- buy the coolest underwear and get Oli so excited about them. I know this is wasting, but if she poops in them, cut them off and toss them. My girls freaked when the pretty panties got ruined. Avoids unpleasant clean up too.

-KJ said...

OH! I chucked EVERY pair of Spencer's poopy undies. Same holds for Olivia. I am sure she will be even more devastated!

Tiffany said...

"MOOOOOOOMMMMM COME WIPE MYYYY BUTT"!!!!

Tiffany said...

Reminds me of when Lyd would do that!

Lyd said...

Don't forget the vibrato!!!

Well, I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure that I'll be there for some type of the experience. ;)

Mel said...

I hear that phrase at least once a day. I am sick of wiping butts too.(Well, I guess I HAVE TO wipe baby butts, but a 4 year old butt is getting old!) Let me know what works!

Child Family said...

Good call on the no Pull-ups (glorified diapers.) Lots of nakedness does the trick at our house especially for the first couple of days. The tricky part for me was what to do when we left the house for any extended period of time. Its like you have to be in lock down for a few days. Good luck with the butt wiping too.

Alli Easley said...

Tell her that Princesses will die everytime she poops/peepees in her panties. That should do it.

Also, about Spence. Tell him that if he clogs a toilet, Spiderman will kill him.

shauna said...

Nice, Alli. That sounds like something Susan and I would have told you kids. Another generation of "scare them to death" parents. I love it!!

aubrey. said...

Oh sick.

that is such a lose lose:
you let him do it and have gross underwear to clean and if you do it for him you have to deal with it that way.

Ew.
its a good thing they have super super cute faces that make it all worth it.

Susan said...

Tips for Spencer: Is there carpet in the kindergarten bathroom? If it's good enough for the pets. . .

Tips for Olivia: Keep some M&M's on the bathroom counter. It will keep her in the vicinity. Plus, you know I'm into bribery!

-KJ said...

What the? Me own madre' commenting? Wow.

I am not sure Spence could get his legs behind his head to do that. I will test his flexibility.

Eliza said...

This talk about poop and bums and such just makes me want to poop. What?!?

I too am an undies thrower awayer. And the bribery works. I always use the "we'll go to Disneyland" cause there's no problem with having another reason to go.

Jillian said...

K i'm sending Avery over to your house, might as well train her at the same time, right? I have NO CLUE how to do it and I have no desire to start!

Audrey Taylor said...

I just saw your mom's comment and had to stop to read. She makes me laugh :)
Well, your house sounds like mine. I love it! I have a boy and girl about the same age as yours (somehow I'm not as thin as you are...) When Elijah walks out of the bathroom, I just say, "Go wipe your bum." Then when he comes out again I say, "Go flush the toilet." -Verbal reminders.
I agree, pull-ups are useless (just like bottles if you can nurse for a whole year and go to sippy cups) I just let Rachel play in a shirt with no bottoms. Everything has ended up on the floor for me except for ONE time. We'll just keep asking her if she wants to sit on the potty or if she has to go.

Valerie said...

Here begins the never ending panic of where every bathroom is. I'm sorry you have to start it all over again! Good luck.

Ashley O said...

i want to run around in panties all day, drinking Sonic drinks, and watching TV.

-KJ said...

So how is your life different? Haa hee haa!

JenWebb702 said...

Hey there...it is Jennifer. Thank you for sending me your blog link through Facebook. I have spent the past hour here at work catching up on how life has been for you. I still can't get 5th grade out of my head...I remember that you gave me clothes for my birthday that year and they were the coolest clothes!!

Ashley O said...

haha not much really i guess :)

IM1 EGYPTIAN said...

شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
faniyin
فني تركيب دش بالرياض