Early this morning, oh lets say around 5:30, I was comfy in our bed, in a state of REM.
My dream:
I was in our room, beginning my morning chores, when Spencer ran in and told me Olivia threw up. I bolted out of the room into the family room to find our rug rolled up length wise and Fruit Loops spewed out all over our beautiful walnut floor. I asked why the rug was rolled up and if there was throw up inside. Spencer thankfully said no. As I assessed the damage, I noted, and felt grateful for, the easy clean up. The last thing that I wanted to do was scrub puke out of carpet.
A few minutes later (or so it seemed it my particular state of consciousness), Kevin and I were awakened to Olivia crying in our doorway. Kevin flew out of bed to see what was the matter. I was still groggy and trying to figure out what was going on, when I heard Kevin say something about her throwing up. WHAT! I ran into the bathroom to see her finishing up the deed while Kev peeled his juicy shirt off. I decided to see what damage there was in her crib, and to my surprise, there was none!!! As much as I hate cleaning up vomit, I was thrilled with only having to wipe it up off the bathroom floor and toilet seat. Way to go Olivia! So far today we have had no other incidents. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Good thing we don't have any Fruit Loops in the house.

My dream:
I was in our room, beginning my morning chores, when Spencer ran in and told me Olivia threw up. I bolted out of the room into the family room to find our rug rolled up length wise and Fruit Loops spewed out all over our beautiful walnut floor. I asked why the rug was rolled up and if there was throw up inside. Spencer thankfully said no. As I assessed the damage, I noted, and felt grateful for, the easy clean up. The last thing that I wanted to do was scrub puke out of carpet.
A few minutes later (or so it seemed it my particular state of consciousness), Kevin and I were awakened to Olivia crying in our doorway. Kevin flew out of bed to see what was the matter. I was still groggy and trying to figure out what was going on, when I heard Kevin say something about her throwing up. WHAT! I ran into the bathroom to see her finishing up the deed while Kev peeled his juicy shirt off. I decided to see what damage there was in her crib, and to my surprise, there was none!!! As much as I hate cleaning up vomit, I was thrilled with only having to wipe it up off the bathroom floor and toilet seat. Way to go Olivia! So far today we have had no other incidents. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Good thing we don't have any Fruit Loops in the house.

15 comments:
Oh Poor Oli!! She is really cute when she sleeps though! Give her loves from Brad and I!
So sad!!! I am glad it's not getting any worse. I miss you guys!!
Hate it when the kids are sick, but love that they are so sleepy. hahaha. Poor thing.
LOVE the bowl on the couch. We have a puke bowl at our house, too.
Um, I was about to freak out about your dream! I thought that you were gunna freak out more about the floor being puked on other than the rug! I was thinkin that you were crazy! But then I read on.
So sad. :( But at least she knew to go into the bathroom and not just stand there and let it go everywhere!!
Babies are so beautiful when they're sleeping, huh?
You would normally want to kiss their little cheeks, but not necessarily after they throw up!
That is so strange yet comforting -you are somehow amazing in tune with your kids - or something like that! I hope Olivia gets better soon.
k... you are crazy lady! THAT is crazy. I am so glad that your beautiful walnut floors were spared from the spewage!! I hope she feels better.
Poor Oli! I hope she is feeling better. Hooray for no puke in the crib though!!! That is very happy!!
K, well, our floors are really not that beautiful. Maybe they would be if I swept and shmoped the dusty shoe tracks up. At this point, if anyone came over they would think I preferred my floors to feel like a movie theater.
Good news, Oli is better! Now lets hope that I can have another psychic dream, but this time I want to win a trip to Hawaii!
Woo hoo! for a better baby!
Does the puke just slide off the leather couches?
Hello....have you forgotten about me????? ;)
poor girl! I almost love when they're sick though, because that's the only time when Ave will cuddle with me! I'm glad she's ok!!
How were you able to leave her last night?
Eeh? This happened early Tuesday morning. That's why.
If she would have had a sore throat I would have totally stayed home. :P
Post a Comment