Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Anatomy According To A 5 Year Old


This actually happened a few weeks ago, but I had to post it before I forgot.

My sister, Lydia, was talking to Spencer at my parents house, and when she finished speaking, he told her, "I could see your ugula." To be pronounced yu-gue-la. We got a good laugh out of it. I must admit I was impressed. How many five year olds do you know that that dangily thing is a uvula?

He's a genius...almost.

8 comments:

Tara said...

That is hilarious!!! What a smarty pants. Kids say the cutest things.

The Christensen's said...

Love the story. He's a genius...must take after his mother!

Mel said...

The only time I have heard that word is on "Monster House". Has he watched that lately? Cute boy...witty like his mom!

-KJ said...

Hmmm. Good question Mel! I don't have it, but he may have watched it at a friends. Dang, and I just thought he was smart! ;)

Tiffany said...

What a crack up!!! I need to see that kid! How was his first day of school???

Lyd said...

I was pretty impressed! I did think of the Monster House thing, but it's still amazing, if that's where he saw that, that he retained that and could actually put it into context as if it was an everyday word to use! When he get a little older, I say you invest in some good pictured Encyclopedias!! If you know what I mean, and I know you do.

Lisa said...

Genius for sure.

Nichole said...

That boy is so cute!