OK, maybe we aren't officially quarantined, but I feel like we should be! As of late, I am just not sure how safe it is to come to our house. In the last month or so we have had two visits from the fire department due to 911 calls, two ER visits (one for Spencer and one for me), two IV bags, 4 vials of blood taken, one chest x-ray, 2 urine samples, 35 vomits (me), a week of fevers from Spencer, two days of fever with Olivia, a total of 3 seizures, another 2 days of Spencer with fever accompanied by sore throat, and Kevin is going on week three of his "smokers cough." Yeah. I think we have filled our sick quota for this year, and NO, I am not pregnant (although it would have make the puking worth it).
Spencer had another fever seizure on Saturday morning after his fever spiked. This time it was a grand mal. So much scarier. Thankfully I knew what was going on and what to do. I can't imagine if I would have experienced that the first time. When the fire department arrived it was the same crew that came a few weeks ago with the exception of a person or two (thanks for moving to CA Melanie). It helped me not to feel so ridiculous somehow. No worries, that feeling came later as the calls started flooding in later that day from curious and concerned neighbors. Luckily we were able to just take him to his doctors office instead of the ER. We were happy to find out that he should be growing out of this soon. He just needs a tight regiment of Tylenol and Motrin. I am beginning to feel like we should buy their stock.
Don't worry. We really are happy and relatively healthy. I truly think we have been blessed with great health and are grateful that we are just dealing with minor issues. You may just want to think twice before visiting! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
ahhhhhhhhh! Come to Cali and cook it out of ya! It was nice to talk to you today! i miss you so much!!!
sounds like a pretty rotten week or two for you guys. tell spencer to get better poor kid. and you do the same. :)
hey not to freak you out or anything but just fyi i had a really good friend growing up who had a lot of seizures. about 3 months ago, she is now 21 or 22, they found a hole in her heart and decided that the whole probably caused a lot of them. I dont know what they would do about it but maybe bring it up if it happens again...
anywho, like i said get better and have a fantastic day!!!
i agree with tiff, you deserve break come to cali and play! :)
Its times like this I wish we lived closer together. I wish I could do something to help or just give so relief. I love ya and hope that you guys feel better soon. Im sorry you had to go through that again with spencer. I know that any time Jessi has a fever I am a complete spaz and probably keep her medicated for to long, but its just so scary. You have such a wonderful attitude, I think you are an amazing woman, and an example to me. Luv ya !
Things are good here! Sadly my little break to Cali isn't going to happen. The girls and Ry are going during a week that is too busy for me. :(
No biggie. At least the weather here is going to be pretty amazing, and Spencer will be out of school so it should minimize what he contracts!
Geez! That is too much for any mom to go through! I hope you are all feeling better and no more seizures!
You guys have definitely had more than your share. We are getting ready to decorate our boys room before the baby comes and Targ was very excited about the paint in Spencer's room. We will be calling for tips.
I can't imagine all you have been through... I am so sorry. Is there anything I can do? I still feel bad for dropping in on you guys. Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope you all get better soon. Let me know if I can anything for you. That is way exciting about Ryan and Bree and Eric.
should i be excited to be a mom?
lol.
K, this post was a bad idea. It wasn't supposed to make everyone feel bad for me! Did you guys forget to read the last paragraph?!!
Julie, come over and look at his room if you want! We stole the idea from Pottery Barn, and I love it. You can do it too!
Ash, yes? Hahah! YES!
You are seriously so amazing! I love your attitude, but I can't believe what you have been through! I really feel guilty for not being there for you (including the 911 calls...) I hope those hot fire boys were good to you (he he).
I miss you SOOO much! I've been in my little world lately, but reading your post really made me realize how much I miss all you guys. Maybe when you're feeling better I can fly out for a girls weekend...
okay - I won't feel sorry for you -yeah right - that sounds crazy! I hope you all get better soon. And yes, I totally thought you must be pregnant so thanks for the clarification!
seriously lady! I should be happy we just had the "dattery" issue and the thyroid levels checked.
So when is the next ladies night out. Oh and we need to talk about something I just bought mahself!!
Hi Kj-
Oh my gosh, that is a ton of trials in a short amount of time. I actually have the same cough Kevin has and am singing in a stake program this Saturday. It sounds worse than it really is!
Was wondering if I could include you on my blog and keep in touch?
You guys are too nice.
Mel, I hope you come soon. Hopefully we get out there one day. Maybe we will go for a beach trip since Disney will be too crazy now that school will be out.
Audrey. You bet. I think I remember seeing a prego pic of you at Stacey's house. Cute!
Post a Comment