Friday, May 16, 2008

Jessalyn Hillier Richards 1919-2008

I am a little late in posting this, but I have really wanted to, and I felt it was necessary. Blogging is my journal. We recently celebrated the life of Jesselyn Richards but better know as Grandma Richards who passed away on May 2, 2008. She was an amazing woman with an amazing history. All the stories I have ever heard were of her hard work, refined manners, and dedication to her family. One of Grandma's favorite things to do was to just sit and watch her great grandchildren play (all 56 of them). I loved hearing her quiet laughs when she saw them do something silly or even naughty. We were so blessed to have her in our lives and to have our two children get to know her. She was always so patient when they would come to visit. As soon as they would get to her room they would pull out every toy they could find, and kleenex, and pictures...the list goes on. There was always a treat to be shared and a laugh to be had as they, or Spencer rather, asked her silly questions. We are also so grateful for Kevin's mom, Sheryl, for her love and dedication in taking such great care of her all these years. She leaves behind an amazing legacy, which is evident it the way all seven of her children lead their lives. She will be greatly missed. We love you Grandma.

Isn't this a beautiful picture? I love these old timey shots. Gorgeous.

14 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful picture and what a tribute too! You are so great for doing this!

Jillian said...

what a nice post.. she was very beautiful! You gotta love grandma's!

Nichole said...

It sounds like she had an amazing life! I love to talk to people who have lived through so much of our American history. Hopefully some of her stories are written down!?

-KJ said...

Yes they are! I know my sister in law wrote her history, and all the other grandparents for that matter, a few years ago (thanks Nicole). Amazing stuff. We have the coolest picture of our Grandma Richards with her husband, and he is holding their oldest child for the first time after the war. I love that picture.

Lyd said...

Just lovely. And those pictures are amazing. I love that style. Beautimus. But does it top the classic black background, while looking off into the past, with the other straight on all serious like?! I think NOT! (I'm just glad that I never had to partake in that masterpiece.)

Eliza said...

Very nice post. I love old timey pics! Lydia, think of the picture you just described but add a violin to it....yep, I got one of those. Olan Mills ROCKS!

Lyd said...

haha Yes, of course with a violin!!

Mandy said...

i just love grandmas and she sounds like a great one. her picture really is pretty.

Ashley O said...

I'm just sitting here looking at the picture. She's amazingly beautiful.

I too love the old timey shots.

Ashley O said...

k so i just read the post and she sounds just like the grandma I want to be. I love grandmas.

and lyd and liza. sick. I always want to know what you guys were looking at in those pictures. I actually Tobler let us participate in such a manner by taking photos such as those. sick.

Marni said...

I love that picture of Grandma. Thanks for your post :)

rach said...

Kj your so good at writing on your blog mine are always like two words! I guess the baby is taking up to much blood ! Hey can me and trev come see your home sometime!

-KJ said...

Sure! Things will be crazy for the next week or so, but whenever you feel like coming up give us a call. I want to see your house! Is the baby's room almost ready?

mjs ashworth said...

Love the picture! Crazy that I saw you when I was there! You looked great and your kiddos are so cute!