Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Anniversary






















I can't believe it has been 8 years since Kevin and I were married! I remember when I couldn't wait to say we had been married a year, and now I am not sure where the other seven have gone. I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful husband who loves me for who I am. He knows how to love me, encourage me, and also knows when to put me back on track. Kevin is a wonder father. My favorite part of the day is when he gets home and seeing Spencer and Olivia get so excited when they hear the door open. He is always looking for activities to do as a family, but he also knows how important it is to have some time together just as a couple. I truly appreciate his hard work. He has gone above and beyond in trying to provide for our family. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, and he even makes me mad at times, but all of those things just make me love him even more. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. I am so grateful for who he is, and that we in this for the eternities. Happy Anniversary Dude ;)

19 comments:

Alli Easley said...

Too bad I have the hair that you had on your wedding day! Also, Mike laughed heartily at Kev's hair in the bottom pic. He said "so handsome now, so handsome now"...so I'm assuming Mike prefers Kevin like he is right now. Congrats! Also, we should have stayed up with you guys, it's hot and smokin here.

-KJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-KJ said...

Too bad I can't spell. I had to delete that last one.
Kevin had a 'fabulous' hair stylist before we got married. NOT. He gave him a sweet A line once. It was so funny.
The wedding pics were when he was sporting a longer do. I like it shorter too.
Tell Mike I think he is so handsome now, so handsome now...weout the dreads! Too predatoresque for me.
Yucky on the smokey stuff. Hopefully the fires don't get to your neighborhood. That is too scary!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, we're laughing at the A-line...seriously dying. That cracks me up! Man...good stuff. Oh and yes, predator-esque indeed. I had him shave his head when he got baptized, clean start maybe??? ;)

My parents liked the dreds.....



...whaaaa????

over.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Congrats! It's crazy how fast time flies! We are coming up on our 10 YEAR in May, D want's to do a big trip...any suggestions???
p.s.
I don't know what everyone is talking about, I think kevin looks exactly the same then as he does now--his hair is just a little more "centerd" now :)

Lyd said...

Yay!! Time sure does fly. I swear that it has only seemed like a couple of years. I love Kev. He is and will always be my favorite brother-in-law! hehe Maybe Kev and Mike should switch dos. Kev can take the dreads and Mike can take the faux hawk.

k8shoe said...

Congrats! I love the bottom picture! It's crazy how much younger you both look, especially Kevin. When he has a mid-life crisis, have him get that 'do again and he'll feel young again!

Melanie, 10-years? Holy cow! You guys better celebrate big time!

Tiffany said...

I cant' believe it! What the hec? I look back at that time and think"what the hec was doing dating....you know who"? You guys rock and we love ya!

Tiffany said...

I love being married!

Alli Easley said...

oh my hec! Tiffany posted twice in a row! She's silly, so what the hec, go for it girl! Hec yeah!

shauna said...

None of you saw Kevin like Susan and I did at David's wedding breakfast...a TOTAL Mullet. Of course that was before his mission and you all missed a REAL treat!

Nichole said...

Congrats! You guys seem so happy together! Isn't it great being married to your best friend? A tall one at that! Billy only has an inch and a half on me.

-KJ said...

Oh Shauna. We prefer to call it the Mudflap. I should say that I prefer that. Kevin thinks his hair was just "long". Um, I don't think so. Good thing his mom paid him to cut that trash off! It would have never worked out if he thought he was Samson.

Nicole Cave said...

Time does just fly out the door somehow...I still love your hair in those recent family pictures....cute!

Jillian said...

GEEZ KJERSTEN I didn't know you were that old!! :) JK I love the wedding pictures though.. Congrats on making it 8 years!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniservary! ;) You and your sweet hubby have such beautious pictures too! You need to post pics of Kev's hair so we can see the before and current styles he's sporting, well, for those of us who may not have been around to see them! ;)

The Christensen's said...

It seems like it was just yesterday that Big Steve came to pick me up at Ricks so we could drive down to the wedding. I played Faith Hill's Hey Baby Let's Go To Vegas song for him - Big Mistake!!! I had to talk him out of playing that song at your wedding dinner. He thought it would be perfect!! :) I'm still waiting for my thank you!!

Lyd said...

Yay!! You put those on! I love them!

TIA EVANS said...

Hi this is Jared Evans. Cute Family