Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Glories of Fall

>
This last weekend I drove the kiddies down to good ol' Utah County to go for a ride up the ski lifts in Sundance with Nana, Papa, and Uncle Ryan. I was a little worried that the weather was going to turn on us, but it ended up being a spectacular fall day. It was overcast, a little breezy, but it felt just like fall. The leaves were so beautiful. If you are here and haven't been to see them, you must go soon! It seems they are gone before you know it.
The boys went up on a lift together with Spence, and the girls took Oli. I am sure my dad and Ry had a little easier time with Spencer, but we had nonstop action on our trip. Olivia almost lost a shoe in the first 30 seconds, she tried to throw her hat off at the half way point, and I swear that girl has a death wish. She would have jumped off if we let her (probably because it looked like the mountain bikers below were having so much fun). Even though she was a handful, Mom and I had fun kicking our legs and letting the breeze blow through our hair. It is amazing to look at the what Heavenly Father created for us, and that he did it to bring us joy.

17 comments:

Nichole said...

I am so jealous! I was thrilled to see a few orange leaves on Mt. Charleston.
Olivia is BEAUTIFUL!

Eliza said...

I love the fall. We may take advantage of this weekend with it being conference and all but who won't (that will be the problem). Cute pics and I LOVE the back side of Timp. *wonders what people will think of that last comment, especially those who don't know what timp is*

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

You would love the back side of timp... just like how you love the top of Charleston. Remember Dawn and Rich's wedding up there?? I don't remember much...just that Dawn's hair was HUGE!!

shauna said...

Who in the HECK is Ryan Nelson?

Anonymous said...

I hate going on those rides and others like it (ferris wheel) with kids. My heart is pounding so fast and I can't breathe because I am so scared of a kid falling. That being said. I love Utah and beautiful things! Somehow the 2 conference weekends are during the most beautiful times of year.
Did you get the shoe back? And where does your mom live?Cedar Hills? How fun to be kinda close to her.

Jillian said...

so pretty!! the picture of Olivia is beautiful.. I need to get my butt up there and see the fall leaves, it looks awesome.

Sarah said...

Fall?? What is that? It looks beautiful!

Taylor said...

I hate going on those rides with or without children. My heart pounds so fast and I can hardly breathe because I am scared I am going to fall or the cord is going to snap.

-KJ said...

I was wishing I brought duct tape with me so I could strap that child down! I just hate when the chair stops in the middle of the ride and you start swinging! Eeek!

Tiffany said...

So pretty! I miss Utah :( I need to come visit so bad. Olivia is so dang cute!

Lyd said...

Wow!! I haven't seen a comment from Ryan in about 2 months! And I prolly won't for another 2! Anyway, I wish that I could have made it on time to go with you guys! I have always wanted to do that, and I prolly will never get a chance to do it. Muh well. At least I can drive by and see some little changes!

Eliza said...

K Kj, next girls night is up by you somewhere. I want to come and see your house so think of a place we could eat and TREAT! I'll starve my self all day so I can binge.

Nicole Cave said...

Those colors are amazing...and I like the little picture of your little one...she's cute!!

Alli Easley said...

DANGIT ALL!

Ok, so since I don't have a reason to stay here now that my oldest teenager can help out at home (hee hee, I'm kidding, wait no I'm not) I want to come up and take pictures of you jerks here in the next few weeks.

When is good for you? My portfolio is filling up but I need some of you guys' mountains and stuff for backdrops. You and Eliza set a date and I'll come up, k? K!

-KJ said...

Sounds good Alli! Get your butt up here. You pick the week!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

WOW! Olivia is so gorgeous! Where does she get it from? Ha, kidding!

Ashley O said...

all i have to say is That's my mom ladies and gentlemen.