Friday, May 11, 2007

Don't Push Yourself Too Hard

Spencer just started an intro to soccer program with his buddy Isaac. We thought this would be a good idea so they could learn some basics before they start the real soccer season in the fall. I knew I shouldn't have expected a lot from him considering he just barely turned four, but I had no idea his attention span was this short!!! I guess I can't blame him for relaxing, it was such a beautiful day!


19 comments:

Eliza said...

Soccer at that age is hilarious. They all huddle around the ball kicking like crazy (shin guards are VERY important at this age) and then they sit or pick grass or weeds just whenever. I lauged my head off with my boys.

Nichole said...

I want to start Jaylin in soccer too, she will be 4 in September. Let us know how it goes, he can be the guinea pig!

-KJ said...

I was totally getting frustrated at first because he "needed a rest" every 5 minutes. When I looked around EVERY kid was doing it! I relaxed after I noticed that. It is so funny to watch. I can't wait for a real game!

Mandy said...

i cant wait when my boys are that age. i know derek will be the same way...short attention span and all. that is to funny.

Lyd said...

In no time he will be doing those flips to kick the ball in the goal because of all his tricks he learned from gym. What were his made up tricks called? The flying...?

-KJ said...

I can't remember what the flying one was, but the other was a "clapping balenstater." What?!!!

Sarah said...

That is hilarious! I helped to coach my brothers soccer time when he was 8, and it wasn't much different!! I LOVE it!

Mel said...

Those are classic pictures! So, funny!

Tiffany said...

That is so funny!I cant believe he is old enough to play soccer!!They grow up so fast.

-KJ said...

It is sad how fast they grow up! Before you know it, Ty will be the one daydreaming during soccer practice!

Anonymous said...

haaaawesome! Just get him a soccer ball that looks like a ruby or a diamond or somethin, he'll never get bored with soccer again!

Bree :--) said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at that! He is sooo cute--totally chillin. Good for him, just tryin to get some more color on those naturally dark legs. Maybe I should take up soccer!

liufamily said...

Maybe he just likes the grass better there. Braden did the same thing with T-ball. All the kids took turns sitting on the bases. The fields were weed free too! Braden would wave his hat on the way to home base. So get ready for some show off behavior if he gets a turn at the ball or makes a goal. Its great, take lots of pics. Spencer is so cute, he totally makes me laugh!

-KJ said...

Can you imagine? A ball like a "precious jewel"? He would probably start a fight if another kid tried to get close to it!!!
Maybe I should have him play soccer in my flower beds so they can be weed free too!

Anonymous said...

At least his isn't picking his nose. He looks so bored!!!

-KJ said...

Olivia is our nose picker. She also is our diaper digger, biter, hitter, and screamer! Good thing you can't play soccer until you are four!

Lyd said...

Check out Tay's blog for The Office ideas that you wanted.

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

That kid is just like his mom....

Lila said...

Those pics are hilarious. Okay so I haven't been on in a while. I would have to agree with Nicole in that you are definately the blog queen. I always get a good laugh reading your posts. You're awesome!