Thursday, January 29, 2009


This Christmas Kevin surprised me with a new camera for helping him win the Nelson Biggest Loser competiton. I was so excited!!! He had heard me talking about how badly I wanted a nice camera because I was sick of the crappy pics my last camera took. There is nothing that can capture our memories better, and I need to take more photos. He decided to be sneeky and get me one and I couldn't be more thrilled.
Well, now I am totally overwhelmed with this thing. It couldn't possibly be that I haven't looked at the instruction manual, right? I really want to learn how to use it the right way and not just point and shoot everything. Alli was kind enough to offer her services to me, and I can't wait to take her up on it. With all my friends that are professional photographers out there...HELP! Just give me a few pointers to get me started!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I will SO HAPPY to help you!!!! Seriously...call me! It's a really fun/awesome camera!

Natalie Hall said...

funny we both got the same new camera, but I still do not know how to use it to it's full potential....

How darling are you and your fam!!!! Your blog is amazing, what are you complaining about not journaling, you are the greatest. All I do is throw a pictures, then I tell myself I will go back and write, never happens. You inspire me to write more. I love reading all your post. Your year supply rocks! You are still that stunning fun girl I remember. This is really something the whole blog world, we could never loose anyone. I will be back to spy on you...

Nat

Amanda said...

i've had my camera for going on 8 months now & am still using the auto focus :( i keep trying to be inspired to learn- but lola is all i have to take pictures of! haha

Allison Easley said...

Remember, my good friend Brooks charges up to $100k for a wedding, and although he has a 1D and a 5D, he uses his xTi for everything he does with his family and friends. You have a rad camera. My other good friend who has shows in NYC right now (at freakin GALLERIES just for him) uses film. If you have the eye, you have the eye, the camera is just the tool. I can pick up a really expensive hammer, it doesn't make me a Master Carpenter. You have the eye. I wish I could take you on all of those jobs I'm doing in Washington State in April, but until then, let's go outside next week and shoot. Those pics you took of Oli and Harper were amazing. You have the eye. 80-90% of the people I know who claim to be photographers don't. You have it sister. I'll call you. &hearts you.

Anonymous said...

Uh, I have no idea. I prefer crappy camera's.

Susan said...

Uh, what's a camera?

Anonymous said...

I use the AV and TV mode a lot. Depending on the lighting I find either one of those is great for focusing in on the person and making the background fuzzy. I still don't know what I'm doing yet though.

Lyd said...

Jealous. One day.

k8shoe said...

Nice hubby! Wait, you never posted about the Biggest Loser Winner on here. Spill it!

Nichole said...

I am so jealous too, that is the camera that I want!

Big Daddy said...

Call me chica. I've got the hook-ups. I'll give you a website to look at for some ideas. There's some really nice people there who can give you tips, and techno crap, but alli is right. Its 80% eye, 19% lucky timing, and the rest camera. It helps to be able to correct a little bit on the computer too.