Friday, January 30, 2009

Ignored Promtings?

Have you ever had a time when you feel something over and over, but you choose to ignore it because it seems so little and silly? You know that when you get that gut feeling to take action on something that could be a big deal like, "Go check the baby" or, "Get out of here now?" You do it. Well, last night I had that experience with the small thing. Bree, Taylor, and Lauren were here for a slumber party while our hubbies were out of town, and I put the kids to bed, and we went down stairs to talk until the wee hours of the morning.

I came back upstairs around 2:00am. I put both the kids in my room so I could keep tabs on them in the morning so they wouldn't wake anyone up. As I was retucking them in, I had a feeling TWICE to take Olivia potty. I ignored it...until 6:00... when she woke up crying because she had peed her pants. Awesome. We cleaned it up the best we could, and she had to sleep with out panties for a little while so we didn't wake Bree up in Olivia's room, but it really was no biggie.

Why is it that we ignore those promptings or what ever you define them as. What is the big deal? Why do we skip the simplest things? Because they seem inconsequential? Well, I tell you next time I will act. If all it does is save me some time and laundry, it's worth it!

Oh, and it was on Kevin's side. Hahaha! Shhh!

16 comments:

Lyd said...

hahahahaha That's freakin awesome! Slash suckie!! Man. Thanks for the pointers. I'll have to remember that one when I have kids. Dang. :)

Kevin doesn't need to know, right?!

-KJ said...

Uh, nope!

Bree :--) said...

Sad, sad day! That sign is awesome, though. Thanks for having us over, it was so fun!

Tiffany said...

Dang it!!!!!! I hate that!

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

ha ha of course that one time! I love that it is on kevin's side! So funny! That was a fun night!

Tiffany said...

Love the sign! Glad I'm not the only one those kind of things happen to.

k8shoe said...

I snuck into RS today (for the first time in forever - since I'm always busy with Primary stuff) and the lesson was on listening to the spirit and promptings. I think it's a sign to me that you posted about this too. I'm paying attention now!

liufamily said...

I need to listen too! I guess I want those pool/lighting moments, but like u said, its the small things too.

Nichole said...

You are sounding like a Catholic with all of this premonition and Watching for a sign business. But...I believe it too.
Did Kevin smell like pee the next day?

-KJ said...

Nope! Hahaha! Good thing he hasn't read this yet. It cleaned up pretty well, so I am not too worried.

Jill said...

So funny! I have had this happen many times....I am so glad we can stay connected through the blogging world, I just sent you an invite to mine...

Marva said...

Oh Man...That stinks. IT's so hard to decipher what is our thoughts and those of the spirit. More learning experiences forus I suppose.

Marva said...

Oh Man...That stinks. IT's so hard to decipher what is our thoughts and those of the spirit. More learning experiences forus I suppose.

Marva said...

Sorry about the double post..oopsie!! LOL I guess I just really wanted to be heard LOL

Ashley O said...

That does stink...no pun intended.

Nicole Cave said...

You are crazy...I thought I was going to hear some spiritual post...instead of crying I am laughing!