Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm A Big Kid Now

Spencer turned 5!!! I can't believe how big our little guy is getting. Time has flown by so fast. It seems like yesterday that he was just a little nugget in my arms. He has become so independent, or so he thinks! He is definitely head strong like his mama, but he has a soft sensitive side like like his dad. He is such a blessing to us, and brings such a fun spirit to our home. We love you Spence!

He had BIG plans for his birthday this year. He told me he wanted a surprise party, and he also wanted to send out a gift list with his invitations so his friends would know exactly what to get him. Uh, no. I told him it is a lot more fun to be surprised when you get gifts. I decided to hold of on the surprise party this year since he was ASKING for it. Maybe next year buddy! We wanted to keep the party kind of small, but that totally didn't happen. We had friends from the old neighborhood and friends from the new neighborhood. The grand total was 12. That is about 6 more than I wanted, but it turned out great. It was loud and crazy, exactly what we expected. It was a total success. Spencer was absolutely thrilled with all of it...especially all his gifts.

13 comments:

Eliza said...

I hope he doesn't use that rock hammer on your beautiful rock fireplace. What the?!?

Wow that was a big party! Last year Riley had 9 come but it was easy because I took them all to a movie.

BTW, you look like Carlene in the "Cake Time" picture.

mjs ashworth said...

Looks like tons of fun! I can't believe he is 5! Last time I saw you I think you had just barely had him, CRAZY!!

Tiffany said...

AWWWWWWW! What a hottie! I love that kid! Happy birthday to him! How fun was that for him and all of his friends! Miss you!

The Christensen's said...

Happy Birthday Spence!!!! A surprise party....that sounds familiar. Didn't Kev ask for a surprise party for like 5 years?!?!

Mandy said...

fun birthday. 12 boys? youre a great mom for doing that big of a party.
the easter bunny is bringing that same orange shirt spencer is wearing along with the green one for derek and dylan. :)

liufamily said...

You are so brave for letting boys do a pinyata IN your house! Thats so fun that he has so many friends, I don't think that Jessi knows 12 kids her age around here. Fun Stuff!!!

-KJ said...

Liza, my dad has promised to take Spencer "Rock Fishing." That is, digging for fish fossils. He is so excited. Too bad it is a lethal weapon! He already found where I hid it!
Mandy, I swear our boys entire wardrobes are identical!
Krista, yes he did. I am sure Spencer will as well until he gets one!
Stacey, we almost had some black eyes, but I don't know that it would have made any difference if it was done outside. Too cold that day, big surprise.

Lyd said...

I swear, dad gives the most dangerous gifts possible to man!! When I first saw that at Ryan's house, I was afraid I would drop it and "nail" my foot to the floor!! What the?! Next year....hmm? A 9mm?

-KJ said...

Seriously!

shauna said...

Next year maybe Grandpa can come through with a tank!!! I am sure that Iraq can spare one.

dupaix5 said...

I can't believe Spencer is 5! He is way too cute. I love your dad, how thoughtful of him! It looks like a fun Birthday Party.

k8shoe said...

Looks like a fun party. Also, did he give Emery the black eye with his hammer?

mckell said...

Yes I am a jcom major you can totally laugh! I want to go into public relations but its in the jcom department. I am really excited about it and this summer. I get done the first week in May. Whats new with you guys? Not much is going on here. Oh and ps that news story about the jazz game was totally made up and wrote the day before :) We do practice stories and they are pretty funny I think because they are all bogus anywho talk to you later!