Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Carb Loading or Carb Bloating

My friend Stephanie makes the best rolls this side of the tracks. Ask anyone who has tried them, and they will confirm it. I have been dying to try to make them, but I have a fear of making bread. I have no idea why, it's just there. Feeling extra confident (thanks to Steph's super detailed recipe) and somewhat industrious, I thought I would give them a shot. How did they turn out you ask? Divine. Oh, and I couldn't just stop with rolls. I had to make cinnamon rolls! EVEN BETTER. Mmmm.
Jealous, right? Yea well guess what else I got...
Mmm hmm. I had to buy these when we went to the store to get Spencer's Hot Wheels cake.

Oh yea, and there is one more treasure...
Just so you know, I skipped dinner last night and just ate rolls and cinnamon buns. I am woman. Hear me roar. Over!

32 comments:

-KJ said...

K, I know the rolls are varying in size. That is because I made some big ones and small ones. I just threw the remaining rolls on a sheet to take a picture ;). I am to OCD to have them all crazy different sizes!

Eliza said...

Funny that you came to clarify cause my first comment was going to be about the different variations in the rolls. BUT I was going to do a little association about your rolls being like children of God and how we are all wonderful and all his children but we are unique. ;)

Does your friend like to share recipes?

Tara said...

So are you going to share the rolls and cinnamon rolls recipe? They look so good! I love those lofthouse cookies...they are my guilty pleasure!

Eliza said...

HaH! I just read your title and I actually think you are Carb Gloating!

-KJ said...

Ooh! Nice one Liza! I will share the recipe! It is kinda crazy because the dough is incredibly sticky. You feel like you should add about 3 more cups of flour, but if you do they get ruined. I will email it to you guys. That way I can be as detailed as my friend was!

Mel said...

Okay, so where did you get a Hot Wheels cake? I am going to need one of those in about a month for Ty's birthday.

-KJ said...

I just went and got one at Albertsons. I bet you can just buy the overlay if you want. I am too lazy, so I just had them do the whole thing. One more thing off the list of to do's!

Jessica June said...

Those sticky buns look good enough to die for- thanks for sharing!! I don't want the recipe...I just want you to make them for me! :)
I can't believe that story about Spencer! I would have been freaking out! I am glad that he's ok! We did get the invite by the way- so we will see you Saturday!!

The Christensen's said...

Hey send me the recipe too!! They looked fabulous!!

mjs ashworth said...

One word... Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, suddenly i am hungry!! Yum, this is the first year i passed on the girl scout cookies. What has this marathon training done to me. I want a SOMOA!!!

Alli Easley said...

send it to the alli dot easley [at] gmail dot com. I need to make these tomorrow. Seriously.

Lyd said...

Holy yumminess!!! I just got back from a hard core cycling class. I deserve at least one of them cinnamon rolls! :)

Mandy said...

please send the recipe to me! i need to make these for easter sunday. MMMMM!
oh and i am excited for my package of girl scout cookies my mom is sending me for my bday. :)

Taylor said...

All those rolls are brothers and sisters...in God's eyes.

Dani said...

So then brother and sisters... ;) you are among the brave to venture into "yeast" territory. I have not crossed that line, yeast and I have a somewhat touchy relationship. I can't get it right - so I stick top non-yeast baking (or the cakes that have self rising flour).

I never did get any gs cookies - oh well, my body thanks me. I already gained a pound just looking at your treats of deliciousness.

Alli Easley said...

Bread ain't no thang. Just look at my bum...proof!

Once you befriend it, talk sweetly to it, tell it a few fart jokes, it's all smooth sailing from there.

Ashley O said...

I agree with Dani and gaining a pound just reading/looking at the snacks...

And I call those Lofthouse cookies "Satan Cookies." Care to agree? Anyone? No? Ok.

k8shoe said...

I need some Samoas...I just can't seem to find a place to buy them (and the Girl Scouts aren't visiting my house). Also, I want Steph's recipe too! Email me!

dupaix5 said...

Ok, those look soooo good! Maybe you could come visit me and bring me some to try. I want the recipe too.

Erica said...

Share with me too. lvwyattfamily at cox dot net.

Alli Easley said...

Oh yes Ashley, they are totally Satan Cookies, or as I like to call them... "my Baby Daddy" as in "Oh my, those cookies are my baby daddy".

Jillian said...

umm I'm coming over!! :) Where do you get girl scout cookies?? And I need the recipe for the cinnamon rolls, they look to die for!!

-KJ said...

Jillian, I don't have your email, but I sent it to Katie already. She can send it to you, or you can give me your email address.

Yes, yes indeed those are Satan cookies. I got some a couple months ago, and each of my kids got one and I ate the rest! The devil made me do it, OK!

Lila said...

Are you prego? I only get obsessions like this when I am. They look wonderfully delish! I would also love to have the recipe. Will you email it to me too? harperhouse1@cox.net

-KJ said...

NO! I am not, and sure. You bet!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Seriously after reading this i want to go to the store and buy a thing of those cookies. They are my favorite in the world. I also love love love bread!

Tiffany said...

DANG!!!!!!!!!!Where the freak have I been! All I have to say is....... YUMMY! Girl you are the LADY!

shauna said...

Susan and I used to buy those nummy rolls in St. George on the way to Salt Lake and then by the time we got to Nephi...WINDOWS DOWN!!! The yeast starts working in your gut and LOOK OUT!!!

-KJ said...

Uh, thank you for that.

Child Family said...

Is it too late to get in on that recipe? juliejackevan@yahoo.com Those look awesome and I am trying to take advantage of all that evil stuff while I'm prego and feeling less guilty.

Nicole Cave said...

Yep, want the recipe too...looks like you eat like me!!