Trying to be somewhat health conscience, we chose our meal of chowder and trout. It was delicious and so was the brownie and ice cream for dessert. Once our meal was over, they gave us the option to go "plating." That is, taking a clean dinner plate (those speckled metal ones) and slide down the hill outside. We were not about to get even colder once we were outside, so we passed, but it was really funny to see people attempt it. The ride back down was fun, and the horses even tried to warm us up. I figured out that as soon as a horse lifts its tail a little, I better stick my nose under my scarf!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Snowed Inn
Last night Kevin and I were able to go to Park City for a business dinner. This wasn't just any normal dinner. We were taken to a restaurant that can only be reached by horse drawn sleigh! The restaurant is only open in the winter, and the only days it is closed is Christmas day and the Super Bowl. Priorities, right?
We made sure we bundled up (last year Kev's feet froze), and we even got a little hot chocolate before the trek up the mountain. Once we arrived to the little cabin restaurant, we were serenaded with live country music and warmed by a cozy fire. The restaurant is called the Snowed Inn. Appropriate considering Park City hadn't seen this much snow in eight years. They actually had to dig the door of the restaurant out of the snow. It is so nestled against the mountain that the snow was up to the first roof line!
Trying to be somewhat health conscience, we chose our meal of chowder and trout. It was delicious and so was the brownie and ice cream for dessert. Once our meal was over, they gave us the option to go "plating." That is, taking a clean dinner plate (those speckled metal ones) and slide down the hill outside. We were not about to get even colder once we were outside, so we passed, but it was really funny to see people attempt it. The ride back down was fun, and the horses even tried to warm us up. I figured out that as soon as a horse lifts its tail a little, I better stick my nose under my scarf!
So, if anyone is up here before the snow melts, I say give it a shot! I must say that it is one of the few times I was out in 20 degree weather and didn't feel the need to complain about it!
Trying to be somewhat health conscience, we chose our meal of chowder and trout. It was delicious and so was the brownie and ice cream for dessert. Once our meal was over, they gave us the option to go "plating." That is, taking a clean dinner plate (those speckled metal ones) and slide down the hill outside. We were not about to get even colder once we were outside, so we passed, but it was really funny to see people attempt it. The ride back down was fun, and the horses even tried to warm us up. I figured out that as soon as a horse lifts its tail a little, I better stick my nose under my scarf!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
I must say that I'm jealous. I wish that 20 degree weather could be that fun up here...haha
Sounds fun. Seeing that last picture reminds me of the trip going to/from the glacier in Norway. Funness!!! We need to go on another trip like that. Anyway...the food sounds yummy and the plating sounds really fun too!
How cool is that? Only in Utah... (okay, maybe Idaho too) Even in the frigid cold, I don't think I could have passed up the "plating" but that's just me. :)
Oh how fun!! I would've said no to the plating too, I don't blame you!
I want to go up there and do that! Jealous!
That restaurant sounds like something out of a book. It must be pricey! So much better than the little ride around the lodge at Mt. Charleston!
Who knows how pricey it is. We didn't have to pay for it! Ha!
The plating looked pretty hard. I don't care how small your bum is, that plate didn't seem big enough. We thought if you could stick your hands in bowls and your bum on two plates, it might work well!
This seriously looks like so much fun! Next time we're up that way we'll have to try it. I love carriage rides! Way cute picture of you, by the way..
That sounds like a fun date night. Too bad we are here in Vegas in 60 degree weather! => Sorry. But really, that would be fun. You know at Mt Charleston you can go on hay rides and sleigh rides too? Cameron and I did it once. It was fun.
If that carriage ride will enduce labor, I'm so going!!
Looks like fun....except for the cold part. I'm such a wimp when it comes to cold. I am ready for spring already. I'm glad they had a sleigh, it would suck to ride the horses up to eat dinner, then have to ride down after. Cute picture of you.
I have been wanting to do that every time we are there. Maybe soon! Love the view of the horse's behind!
sounds like alot of fun! the plating i would have liked to try if you didnt have to sit in a carriage ride freezin after you were done oh!
That sounds like a ton of fun! We were in Park City over the weekend and I couldn't believe how much snow was up there. Most of the businesses were so blocked by snow that you couldn't see them from the snow. Crazy!
Sounds like fun! We did that once and the kids were not sure about the horses rear that we had to stare at! That is a cute picture of you! You look good in hats. It is not cold here. Matt went golfing in shorts Saturday.
JELLIS!!!------->>>
Oh and btw...your hair is looong lady fren!
What a cool idea! That sounds like so much fun! Love the pics you look fabulous!
Ypu are a freakin babe o lish!!!!!!! Yea I love this so I can see your cute little family and hope for my little fetus!!!:)
My hair is longER. That is all. I am contemplating cutting it. Maybe I will just go blond again. We shall see. If I go lighter, will it help it stay warm here?
Post a Comment