Saturday, February 2, 2008

Experience 3ality

Have you ever been front row to one of the greatest rock bands in history? Well, here is your chance. U23D. It is more than a movie. It is an experience. I have acutally been front row TWICE at U2, and it was an unforgettable experience. It wasn't just the music or getting Bono's and the Edge's guitar picks, but getting shoved against the rail, toes stepped on, and inhaling B. O. from the guy next to you who waited in line for the last 12 hours. We also made it to the Vertigo Tour where we had floor tickets, BUT being six and a half months pregnant with the above described conditions made it a little less desirable.
Well, here is your chance for front row tickets with comfy seats and plenty of leg room. I can't promise the guy infront of you won't have B.O. (we weren't so lucky), but it is something to be seen. There are amazing arial shots of Larry Mullen Jr. on the drums and moments when you feel Bono is about to bless you with his own hand. I have to admit my favorite perspective is from the stage facing up because it gives you a completely realistic view of the front row. You even get the sensation of crowd surfing sans hundreds of sweaty hands groping your body.
I give it two thumbs up. Even if you aren't a fan on U2 it is a 3D movie like you have never seen before and is well worth the ticket. Added bonus: the super cool glasses.
*This is our brother in law, Garrett. Doesn't he look so burley and masculine in his new beard?




15 comments:

Lyd said...

WHAT!!!?? I'm pretty sure that I want to go see that!! Too bad I'm sure that it won't ever make it up here!!

Cute page by the way! I love it!

Matt and Amanda said...

Sounds so fun! Where is the picture of you in the supercool glasses?

The Christensen's said...

Big Steve didn't realize those were 3D glasses and just thought Garrett had some cool new glasses!! He's hilarious!!!

k8shoe said...

I love the red polka dot paper especially. Very cute page!

-KJ said...

Krista, that is sooo funny! Big Steve wouldn't be able to tell the difference because he sports his own huge set of Serengeti's!

Lyd, you probably won't see it :( It won't be in theaters long.

Alli Easley said...

ROCK!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

D and I broke up at U2 (I left him in the seats for the guy with b.o. on the front row...)
I got tickets to see them in 2005 so we could have a GOOD u2 experience. The concert was on Dec.17th, the twins were born on Dec.16th! Needless to say, we are still deprived of our "good" u2 experience! Is is playing in Cali?

Nichole said...

It's playing in Vegas too, but we never get to go to the movies!

Alli Easley said...

It's showing all OVER the place in Cali. Go here:

http://www.u23dmovie.com/

and search for a theater. We'll probably go see it in Ontario at the Stadium 22 & Imax. We go there anyway a lot of times because it's so close to Victoria Gardens, and I gotta get my shoppin on...ya know. More like "wishin" since I'm broke like Brokeback Mountain.

Taylor said...

They could make U24D a la "Soarin California" and have B.O. pumped throughout the theatre, little robotic hammers hit your toes every 4-7 seconds, turn the heater up to 91 degrees, and have robotical hands touch your untouchables once or twice...this would give you that "be there" feeling.

Alli Easley said...

Don't forget that they'd have to pump in "the weed smoke" that almost always accompanies a concert. At least every one I've been to.

Eliza said...

would lighters be allowed or light up roses?

Tay I nominate you as the next and best Disney ImaginEAR.

-KJ said...

They would have to have beer mist spray on you too.
Tay, you are a genius.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!!! You are so funny, you make me laugh everytime I read your blog...

Jillian said...

that looks pretty sweet! I love
U2! By the way I have to admit I've experienced first hand being on the front row of out of control fans and I swear there is always one that wreaks of b.o. the last concert I went to (which was in my crazy pre-marriage days) some black girl tried to shove in front of me and I pushed her over. Little did I know that she had a whole posse behind her. We got out of there as fast as we could!