Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy ValentiMes and Happy Birthday!


You know someone had to say Valentines that way!
I just wanted to tell my hubby how much I love him. He is being such a great sport this Valentines Day. He was trying to plan something fun, but I was dead set on going to our Love and Logic class at a local elementary school, which, by the way, is complete torture for him. I know, you think I am crazy for passing that up, but it is just too busy out there tonight! Plus, we have some fun plans for this weekend, so I don't feel to bad!
I also want to wish Mrs. Tara Maxfield a very happy birthday! I am sure you got the royal treatment tonight! Due to some recent comments on my last post, I decided to fish around in some of my old pictures for some shots of our Denver trip. Sadly, I cannot find my favorite one, but the one I found is pretty good. Good times!
Also, the last one… well, that is a gem. Priceless. I don't want either of these girls writing me off as a friend for posting this, but it is just TOO GOOD! Oh really, it's priceless. Please forgive me girls! I know you have it in you! You know I love you!













32 comments:

-KJ said...

Somebody please tell me how to work my scanner so all my pictures don't look like this!

Alli Easley said...

just send them to me so I can crop them out.

Tiffany said...

Can I ask is that freakin Vinny in that pic? he is so dang dark!!!!


Happy Birthday Tara!!!!!!!

Erica said...

They both look so happy. It's okay to mention him to Tara, it's my mom who hates to even hear his name.

Anonymous said...

me too....

Taylor said...

That picture captures 3 years of drama.

-KJ said...

It is true when they say a picture says a thousand words! Hahaha!
Neither one would give up territory! So funny. I am pretty sure my mom took the picture. I should ask her if it was intentional or not.

Tara said...

Ha! Ha! I love both of those pictures!

The Denver picture captures the complete silliness that occurred on every trip.

The second pic, well let's just say the look on my face says it all. He was so clever...knew exactly what he was doing in the middle. So happy I finally wised up and moved on!

Tara said...

And yes, what Erica says is true. If his name is even mentioned in my mom's house she comes unglued!

Tara said...

One more thing...KJ, why didn't you help me with that frizz back then?

Mel said...

THAT PICTURE IS SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS! Ugh...I think I am going to throw up!

-KJ said...

Oh Mel, I was waiting for your reaction! At least the candle stick covers most of his face!

Alli Easley said...

you're all racists.

;)

Nichole said...

Why are they racist? Vinny wasn't really a black person, was he?
Kj- I am a Love & Logic graduate. I really need to take the refresher though! Our pre-school required us to take the class. I took Teaching with Love and Logic too. What do you think so far?
Happy birthday Tara. Love the overalls! I hope they make a comeback!

Nichole said...

I just found out that my doctor is Tara's dad's visiting teacher. Small world.
As my sister would say, 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

-KJ said...

Alli is calling us racist because she is married to a black guy! She is kidding.
I am liking Love and Logic, but our facilitator isn't that great. I want to take the class again just so it gets a little more ingrained in me. It has helped me be sooo much more patient with my kids. That was the biggest thing for me. I wasn't trying to fix my children, but help ME! I am almost done with the book too.

Nichole said...

I was kidding too. Figured Vinny would be an easy target.
I feel the same way about L&L. It isn't for my kids, but to help me be a better mom. I need the help! :)

mjs ashworth said...

Hey! It's Jesica(alder) Ashworth from Phazes remember me? I am so glad I found you! Your family is darling! Good to know all is well!

-KJ said...

WHAT!!! How did you find me? I haven't forgotten you!!! What are you doing in AZ? Lucky mug!

Eliza said...

I would like to comment on the ValentiMes... Nancy Grace on her show on Valentines with her new baby twins...said Happy ValentiMes.... shows you what law school doesn't teach.

-KJ said...

Eeeew. I can't stand Nancy Grace (sorry Jessica)! I wouldn't mind seeing her babies though.

Lyd said...

How did you figure it out?!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

Okay, you had to see this coming BUT, NEW POST ALREADY!!! (I figured you could take it since you ALWAYS give it :)

Lunch in two weeks--Yippy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh i love it, just how i remember you guys! ha!

Lyd said...

I will have you know that you have been TAGGED!!! Just go to my wall and copy and paste the post, erase my answers, and then answer the questions. Do it!!

Lyd said...

It's time for a new post. :) hehe

Valerie said...

A bit outdated on the blog my dear! I think I need to find some of my pictures from volleyball days. I announce a competition- who can find the most embarrasing picture of someone? Let it begin!

Eliza said...

DUDE!!!!!!!!

Taylor said...

I now give you something to post. You have been tagged B!!! I hate them too but if I have to do it, so do you. Go to my blog for instructions.

Lyd said...

You've been tagged 2 times, so you can have multiple posts!

Dani said...

Wow, I didn't realize it was Valentines day again already....where did this year go? Oh, never mind, that post was for LAST valentiMes day! ;)

-KJ said...

OK OK you freaks! I was busy enjoying the amazing weather in Lost Wages!!! I forgot what the seventies felt like. New post coming post haste!