Hellooooooooo! I was told by Allison to post before we went out of town, but I forgot. Sorry. So that's my excuse. We were out of town. Kev had a business convention, or whatever, in Vegas and wives were invited. The guys and Alyssa decided to ride a century in St. George first, so we got to spend a couple days there.
On Sunday we headed down to Vegas. We decided to stay at the hotel where the convention was at the last minute instead of staying at my Aunt Kathy's. I am glad we did because it really felt like we were on vacation. It was even a smoke free hotel...on the strip! Who knew. Anyway, the company hosting the convention had a home tour planned for us, and it was fun. I always forget to look at the actual floor plan because I am so distracted by the decor. I really enjoyed myself. We then went to a cocktail party (in jeans) provided by the conference, and in the process tried to decide what to do for the night. None of us (besides Kevin) had seen I Am Legend, so we thought we would try to catch it at the I-Max theater. I couldn't remember where it was so I called Ryan. When I told him our plans he said, "On a Sunday?" Then he laughed his head off. I had completely forgot. Oh well. What happens in Vegas...yea, so it wasn't playing anymore so we saw a different movie.
The rest of the trip for the guys was spent in a ballroom being lectured to, and the wives went shopping. We had a great time, but the best part about it was the amazing weather! I am sure that all you Vegrants and Californicators have developed a lack of appreciation for this, but it was so revitalizing! I need Spring.
The trip came to an end too fast, but we did manage to tack another day on by stopping in St. George again to pick up the bikes we left at the condo we stayed in. Sadly, we had to be on the road by 5 am, but it was nice to have the extra time to relax. The trip back took no time at all after shaving off the extra hour and a half from Vegas.
Kev dropped me off at my parents so I could pick up our kiddos. It was so fun to see them. It amazes me how big they seem after going a few days without them. Olivia is having full conversations and saying the funniest things. While we were gone she said, "You shut your mouf!" Now, I don't know how appropriate that is, but it is funny. My mother swears she had nothing to do with her learning that, so I guess I will believe her ;). She learned to climb out of her crib the day before we left, so I am sure she kept my mom a little busier than planned. She loves any and all things princess. Disney princess, of course. She also has a Barbie movie that she loves, and she asks for "Bobbie show," all day! It is Barbie of Swan Lake, and she has become quite the dancer. I can't wait for Lydia to see it! Maybe we will have a video forth coming.
Spencer is so big! He loves to play with his neighborhood buddies and keeps me busy all day. I can hardly keep him occupied. He has a real interest in becoming a chef. He makes pretty impressive hors d' oeuvres, although he needs to work on his names. Fish pizza is his specialty, and this is basically cutting a cheese stick in sections, standing them on end, and topping them a piece of folded ham. He also is considering being a Realtor because he could use those cool lock boxes that hide keys. What an incentive. We are struggling a little with his "story telling." He has a wonderful imagination, but we are trying to teach him the difference between imagination and not telling the truth. Any ideas? The joys of motherhood, I guess. He learning how to give good tickles, which he isn't too psyched about but realizes if he wants one, he needs to give one! Once again, the joys of motherhood!
It is amazing how time flies. There is such a catch 22 with raising children. You can't wait to have them grow up, but they don't stay babies long enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Man, I was wonderin when this post was gunna come!!!
Sounds like fun! I'm jealous. But I finally did something fun with my last weekend! I went paintballing with a couple of my guy friends, one of which I think is a hottie. I'll have to show you a pic some day. Liza and Ash know what I'm talkin about. hehe ;) Anyway...I want me some of that warn weather! It's actually been nice up here. High 20's at night and mid 30's during the day! Not too shabby (if you live in Rexburg!)
And I can't wait to see me some of that little Olli dancing! She's taking after the younger gills in the famerly. :) And I love that Spence calls them "fish pizzas." Where did that come from?! hahaha
And way to go on the tickle situation! That will have to be a must for me! But then, I'm a hard one to please seeing as I think I give the best tickles, even for maself! haha I think I can brag on this one. ;)
"You shut your mouth" is something I can totally see your mom saying, but I can see everyone in your family saying it too. Hard to tell you the guilty one us! Glad you had a good time in Vegas. The weather has been beautiful...I was at the park yesterday and actually got some color after 2 hours. Yeah!
Glad you had a good time and jealous that you got to be in warm weather! All though the snow is melting rapidly now and I'm LOVING this almost 50 degree weather. WAHOO for Spring!
I am so ready for good weather! I miss Vegas right now. I love"You shut your mouth"! I love your kids!
Hmmm, sounds like oli needs a trip to Disneyland to see all the princesses. I know someone that lives really close to there. You should totally do it :)
Melanie! Don't tease me! We need to go so bad!!!
Tara, I must defend myself! I am more of a "please be quiet" kinda gal, believe it or not! I may drop the please now and then, but I have tried to curb myself now that I have kids. I totally thought it was my mom, but she said the kids were being so good she hasn't had to say it. She says she doesn't say that, but I am not quite sure about that one! Good thing she doesn't read our blog! Hahaha!
I recommend the famous crib tent, it might buy you some time before going to the toddler bed. And, the tent fits great on toddler beds too.
I am loving this beautiful weather too! My girls have been dying to wear dresses without tights and now they can.
Barbie Rapunzel is also good, but my favorite is Barbie Island Princess. If I have to watch one, of course!
I like to say "shut it" until I hear Isaac say it. I use to be a "hush please" but that was way too nice HAH!
When is the next girl trip?
Don't you just love Utah weather? When is finally gets warm enough outside we have a "AIR ALERT" day. Still stunning that we have the worst air in the nation right now.
oh and lyd...how rude that you say only the younger girls in the family can dance!! I'm tellin you THIS girl can cut up a rug mah fren! You haven't seen moves til you've seen mah moooves.
By saying the younger girls, I was meaning Bunker Dance dancing. And I believe that all of us can dance with skills....but that's what I was meaning. :)
I'm glad you are back... I kept checking your blog to see if you were alive. I'm glad you had fun in Vegas. I love the stories about your kids, we have a few boys that like telling stories too. Ok and I need everyone's email so I can send them invites to my blog. email me dupaix5@gmail. And Eliza and Lyd. just be glad you got moves because the VanLeeuwen's surely didn't get ANY moves.
what a fun post. Glad you had a good trip to vegas. Its been sooo nice outside. I wish it would stay like this all year. Your kids are soooo cute. I love hearing stories about the funny things little kids do! So great.
Come on...Kevin came to Vegas without his mtn bike? You've got to remind him to bring his bike and call next time. I guess this makes us even for not calling when we were in SLC.
Sounds like fun! We were in Vegas this weekend and we FROZE!! IT has been in the 80's here so the 60's were SO cold!!
What a boring ass story.
I didn't mean that, it just sounded funny in my head
Post a Comment