Anywho, Christmas was great this year. We had a great time at the Bailey Family Christmas Eve gathering. It was a super snowy night, but over all I think it just made it more festive and cozy. It was also so great to see Kevin's sister and her hubby that were here from Louisville, KY. Those visits are few and far between because of dental school, but we had a great time while they were here. The kiddies were crazy, of course, and had a blast. The highlight of the night was the pinata. The boys beat the tar out of this thing only to find pencils. The adults had a great laugh, but were soon quieted when we were told each pencil had a clue on it for a treasure hut to a gift. It was very creative on my mother in laws part, but it was so hysterical to see the faces on all the kids when they saw six pencils drop out! THE BEST! I think I still laugh about it.
Christmas day we woke up WAY to early to open gifts, but I think Spence and Oli thought it was worth it. Santa brought Spencer his coveted golden telescope (thank you Pottery Barn) and Olivia's favorite gift was a last minute $3.99 purchase of tacky princess shoes from Walgreens. Who knew, but I love it!
We had a great time...except for my four hour bout with some cruddy puking. Bleh. Let me reiterate how my body just does not accept drainage. I was perfectly fine later that night except for the sore back from retching.
I was sad to leave and excited to get home all at the same time. I always feel like I never have enough time with our family there. We just have such a great time.
Now, life is back to normal. What ever that is. I need to set some goals for myself for this year. I need to actually write them down so I am a little more accountable. Maybe a post for tomorrow to make up for slacking! I got a few floating around, but need to get going on them. Happy New Year everyone!

12 comments:
You're so sweet! I miss your guts girl! I am heading to Vegas the
17th of this month for a week. Wanna come down for your b-day? YYYYEEEESSSSSSS you do! Come see me!
My Emma's favorite present was her own box of pink band-aids I put in her stocking last minute. I love it.
But I don't love retching. You seem to do it alot and your not pregnant. Im sorry. Know that I am doing it to, (especially Christmas day. sucks)
I'm so glad you had great holidays! :) How much fun to be with family and loved ones :) Which school in Louisville is your family going to? I have friends there too -- in dental school also, you know small world and all. What ward are they in? Oh, and btw sorry about the pukin' no fun at all! I think Maddie got the same exact dolls for Christmas as Ollie. Too funny.
One outfit from your parents, how did you pull that off? My in-laws go so overboard. I am worried about when my girls are older and the expectations that they will have.
I too am sorry about your puking. My girls managed to cover most of my house the day after Christmas.
Not pregnant are you??
im so upset we missed you and you even came to the oblads where we were staying!! how does that happen? sucks you were sick. i manage to escape the holiday sickness going around but the rest of my family didnt. then today while driving derek to preschool dylan throew up all over the car...and i mean all over. to top it off it was raining outside so i was soaked by the time i got it all cleaned up. ;(
So glad we haven't got the throw-ups at our house (knock on wood)...sorry you were sick! You were so smart to go to Vegas, where it's not FERRREEEZZZING! Did you go see the Aussie break the record on his dirt bike?
Wha? No. But I did see the movie that Anthony Hopkins was in when he broke the land record and he was from New Zealand.
Did that happen while I was down there?
Such cute pictures, I love the one of Olivia with her doll, she is such a cutie. I'm jealous that you get to go to Vegas so much! I'm in need of a trip there again soon.
Christmas break was certainly a hit. I just wish that I could come down when ever I want. I just want to be up here for the social aspect. Screw school. :) That's why I'm gunna marry a freakin doctor! haha Yeah right.
Go for a dentist Lydi. Better schedules. Although, I will already have one of those in the family along with an attorney, so a doctor would be nice. Just wait until he is done with residency so you don't have to struggle through all that crap!
Mandy, that is the worst!!! I hope that never happens to me. I think I my personality split so I could deal with that! I would die!
We love when the Nelsons come to Vegas. I think I see you more than when your mom lived here!!!
Sadly true. How bout you move up here. Maybe we will see you even more!!!!
Post a Comment