Monday, January 7, 2008

Business In Front, Party In Back

This weekend, Kevin and I have a birthday party that we are going to that has an 80's theme. So, in preparation, I decided to pull out the ol' mullet wig, and give it a good brushing. Just for fun I threw it on Miss Olivia to see what she would do. Ahh, she LOVES it. We are going on day TWO of her wearing it. I am pretty sure she thinks she is Rapunzel, not Joe Dirt. When I see her run around it it I get flashes of E.T. dressed up for Halloween. Remember that waddling wig? She keeps me laughing all day!




















I think I am a bigger fan of the cute little ponies!

25 comments:

Tara said...

That is so funny! I can't wait to see pics of it on your head.

Jillian said...

LOVE Olivia in the mullet wig, thats definitely a keeper. She looks like such the little performer!

Mandy said...

she looks so much bigger than when we saw you on thanksgiving! she is so cute with or without a mullet. not many people can pull that off!
off the subject but i love the bedding in the background. is that your bed? where did you get it? its so cute

-KJ said...

Tara, you will NOT be seeing me in that wig! That is for Kev's noggin!
Oh Mandy, it was the deal of the century that I totally found on accident! I was looking for something "springy" and saw this online and loved it. It just so happpened to be on clearence! Everything that I got would have been about $1100 and I got it for $100!!!!! It was at Anna's Linens, but I don't think it is there anymore. You can check. All I remember is that it is Tommy Hilfiger.

Alli Easley said...

Yay mullets! She looks like your 6th grade picture!

Lyd said...

Hahaha I love it!! She is so cute no matter what she looks like! :) Amazing!

Tiffany said...

That is so cute! Ty and her should get together in their wigs!

Eliza said...

very nice. I also would like to see a picture of the finished 80's outfits for your party.

-KJ said...

AHHH! I am still trying to figure that out! I got a sweet pair of jeans and a belt, but I am struggling with the rest. I may just have to beg my friend Katie for her outfit (hint hint).
There will definitely be pictures from the party.
Alli, never in my life have I had this much hair. I wish. If it was a true shot of my 6th grade picutre it would have been french braided. Hmmm, maybe I'll try that on the wig.

shauna said...

I suggest that you wear one of those butt floss exercise leotards over tights with leg warmers and a head band!!!! That would rock.

-KJ said...

I am pretty sure that one is being taken by the host or her sister. It was strongly considered on my part. I would have found an extreme french cut so my butt looked a mile long and belted the whole thing. How could you not?

Eliza said...

twisted head band across the forehead, flashdance cut off sweatshirt with glitter, half of your hair in a sideway pony (said like that for alli), pegged pants, jelly shoes,...........

Alli Easley said...

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa on the sideway pony, also on the extreme french cut leotard/long butt. I needed this laugh todayyyyyyeeeeee!

shauna said...

Yes..Yes..I can see it now!!!!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

KJ,
So wonderful to read your long blog about your holidays. The pictures of your children were adoreable. They have the prettiest eyes. I love the mullet wig too. so fun! For halloween i wanted to put extensions in my hair just to make it a mullett and be joe dirt for halloween but i didnt get around to it lol. Great times. I am really glad you had a greay holidays. xoxo

Dani said...

If you can't find leg warmers, go to a thrift store, find a suitable long sleeved sweater with a good cuff on the sleeve, cut at the shoulder seam and voila--instant leg warmers. (I did it for Halloween last year.) Works great!

-KJ said...

Great ideas. I think I might have to use the half side pony. I am liking the half sweat shirt too. I need to look for some mega shoulder pads. If I can find them I might go back to DI to find a fancy blouse.

shauna said...

Your mother's jackets have the MEGA shoulder pads...

-KJ said...

*sighs*

Nichole said...

I can't wait to see the pictures too!

k8shoe said...

You can totally borrow my 80's stuffs but can I come to the party too? I totally want to throw another 80's party soon....that was so fun! (No renting the peach 80's prom dress?) P.S. that mullet wig is giving me flashbacks of Kevin wearing it with his SWEET tight vest. Awesome!

-KJ said...

Oh yes, what a wonderful night that was. He was so mad at me for that! He doesn't have a costume yet for this one either! I got him a denim jacket, but he wants me to take it back. He is on his own! I am not dealing with that mess again!
I am still stressing about the costume for me. Hopefully I can pull something off. I need to go to Wal Mart tonight!

Jessica June said...

I love those pics of olivia- you should totally grow her hair out like that!! we need to get the boys together to play-- austin is always being to play with "spencer paul baily..."
btw, your blog is always so cute! Do you make it yourself or did you find it somewhere??

Jessica June said...

I love those pics of olivia- you should totally grow her hair out like that!! we need to get the boys together to play-- austin is always being to play with "spencer paul baily..."
btw, your blog is always so cute! Do you make it yourself or did you find it somewhere??

-KJ said...

I am not sure what that means. I went to a scrapbooking site, and I used some of their paper. So, does that answer your first or your second question about my page? Thanks though! It is nice to FINALLY know how to change it by myself!