Well, we got Spencer's stitches out. Our friend John came over to do the deed because he does this on a daily basis. I thought, hey, lets have a friend do it at our house so it is a more comfortable setting for Spencer. Plus, why not save on gas and a co-pay. Yea. Sadly, I have no pictures or video of the incident. When I say incident, I mean it. There was weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth here. Sorry for the vulgarity, but people, this kid near lost his damn mind! I'm telling you, I wasn't sure we weren't going to be taking that kid back in for more stitches last night. He obviously did not understand that someone was holding scissors to his face! In the end, I had to sit on him, Kevin had to hold his head, and John had to do some quick snippin'. When it was all over Spencer was sweaty and sporting a ma-hor fro from all the wrestling. Now that I think about it, it is probably good we didn't get it on video because Kevin and I would have looked like complete idiots trying to get him under control. John, on the other hand, had a blast. He thought it wouldn't have been nearly as fun if he just sat there.
So what did I learn from this? Either I will just slap a butterfly bandage on the next wound that requires 3 stitches or less, OR I will have a roll of duct tape ready for restraint purposes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
I know that is so frustrating!But I must say that I was LOL the whole time I was reading. Im glad that Im not alone in the chaos!
Oh my, that makes me tired! How many times has he gotten stitches before? I dread the time when my kids get anymore stitches.....
He has only gotten them once before. He didn't know to freak out when he got them removed last time because he thought the doctor was just looking at his head.
When he got the stitches they had him put his arms in a pillow case behind his back and then lay down. Instant straight jacket. We should have done that the other night. Then we would have only had to control the legs and head!
Sounds like fun...NOT! I don't know who I feel worse for, Spencer, or you and Kev! I bet you're glad that's over. When are you guys headin down to Vegas? I think we're gonna go down Wednesday morning. Tell Kev no skipping this trip...it's mandatory!
sounds like me when I got stitches for the first time..like two years ago! PS I was just reading some of your little journal entries. I laughed so hard at Spencer's song that he made up! He is awesome!
Similar experience when I was little. The doctor strapped me down to a table to take out some stitches. The sad thing is that I was old enough to just sit there if he would have just talked to me about it. But no! Once the straps came out, I was screaming and crying, thinking they were going to do major surgery. My mom said some very choice words to the doctor when he was done, and we never went back to him.
I think I needed some counseling for that. It was very tramatic.
Way to go KJ, hope you know a good shrink who does house calls too!!
J/K
He said he cried so bad because I was hurting his legs. Probably true, but he was forgetting the 10 minutes previous to the stitch removal when he was screaming like a banshee. We laughed pretty hard when he said that. He is already a boy trying to act so tough.
what's the big deal? I could do that....
LOL!LOL! I about peed! Seriously super glue next time...works like a charm!
I thought that is what they were going to use! Isn't it medical glue? I can't imagine it just being plain old super glue! I wish that would have been an option for us!!!
At least you can already look back on it and laugh. I think I can one up you though...last week Jaylin went in for a barium enema, now that was fun!
Dermabond (it's a sterile skin adhesive or "medical glue"). It's what I've used on half the Kayscreek neighborhood kids rather than sending them to the ER...sorry I wasn't around :(
I knew I could resent you even more for moving to California! ;) At what point do they decide that isn't a good idea to use? I was really suprised they didn't use it on him.
Nichole, that stinks! I had to give a really small LIQUID sapository to Spencer once, and that was a nightmare. I can't imagine having to do that!!! Poor kid, POOR MOM!
Whew...it's been a week for you then...the crash, the stitches, the brawl -- wow! (oh yeah, and the mud ;) I'm so blessed and fortunate to have not been in that situation to date. I'm trying to say it without saying it so as not to bring it upon anyone in my family, comprendo? :) I'm glad it's over for you though. NO more running in the house evaaahh! (yeah right!)
Exactly, YEAH RIGHT!
Dermabond is the best ever... especially with kids. For some reason I keep running into doctors that are really stuck on stitches, but sometimes all you have to do is ask and they'll use it instead (sometimes not though!) I love the instant straight jacket thing though... haven't heard of that one yet! By the way, the visual of you sitting on Spencer is really entertaining... Where was Olivia for all of this madness?
boys are fun....NOT! (as said by Borat)
Sleeping! She would have been FREAKING OUT if she saw what was going on!
So how was your thanksgiving? I wouldn't know neither would anyone else.
Post a Comment