Monday, November 5, 2007

This Weekend Was a Bust...Literally

This weekend I decided to head down to Vegas with the kids to go to Rachel and Miles' wedding. The drive was relatively uneventful, thank heavens, but I can't say that much for the rest of the weekend! On Saturday morning we headed over to Grandma Christensen's to pick her up to go to the temple, and I needed to change into my church clothes as well. I went into the bathroom to change, and when I came out I saw Spencer running and then fall. I heard my dad say "You are OK," so I turned back around into the bathroom to grab my keys. As I turned back towards the kitchen I saw everyone scrambling and Spencer screaming. I kicked off my heals and ran into the family room. Apparently Spencer had pulled a Superman into the coffee table. His face was covered in blood, and so was my dad's shirt. My dad was holding his head, and when he lifted his hand blood just kept pouring out. We got some rags and got the bleeding under control. Once I had a second to get my thoughts under control I started to feel light headed!!! How do people in the medical field do this daily? I am totally not cut out for that crap!


After I changed again, my dad and I took Spence to the Quick Care to get checked out. He was crying the whole way. I tried to prep him for the idea of stitches, but that was a bad idea. He just started freaking out even more. Good thing my dad was there...he told him he could have the biggest size Slurpee when we were done. That totally helped! Thankfully the quick care was empty, and we only had to wait a few minutes before we were taken back. We got a wonderful doctor who Spencer really liked. In the end, Spencer had to get three stitches.


I have to say the whole experience was exhausting. I didn't quite have the energy to last very long at Rachel's reception, which was beautiful, so we headed back early to get everyone in bed. I still haven't quite figured out if the weekend was a bust, but we did have a good time. I am still considering making him wear a helmet for the rest of his childhood. I CANNOT HANDLE ANY MORE HEAD INJURIES!!! Enjoy the pictures. Sit down because they will definitely make you legs hurt!
Eek, my legs hurts us!
Not happy
Blood Brothers
Happy now
Mr. Crazy Eyebrow

30 comments:

k8shoe said...

OUCH! That sucks! I can't believe that kids poor forehead. My hs friends used to tease me that my head would always find the windshield when we were in car accidents. Spencer's head just seems to find the nearest hard or sharp object.

Mandy said...

ouch! i have a feeling derek is going to be alot like spencer.
i am glad he is ok. im glad you werent alone when it happened...what a weekend.

Eliza said...

I LOVE the pic of Spence and your dad. Just makes me grateful for parents...they just seem to always be there right when we need them most.

I'm so sad you missed the wedding...I'm sad I missed it too. How did he do with the stitches?

liufamily said...

Ryan flashback!!! You probably hear that all the time. Those pictures are great. I hope all is well.

Alli Easley said...

Check out your dad's shirt. Poor lil' Spencer, he's such of a boy. I'm glad you guys got back ok. Oh and I want the biggest sized slurpee right now too. Do I have to split my head open first?

Jillian said...

poor kid! just seeing the pictures makes me hurt! and the blood! eww! it always makes me dizzy too. we've been pretty lucky with Avery, but she's starting to find danger these days. the other day she literally flew off of the rocking chair into the wall. who does that?

Alli Easley said...

haha, sorry Jillian, but that last comment made me laugh really hard. Seriously...who does that?

Lyd said...

It made me laugh too!! haha

Oh, and that was Cal's freshly laundered shirt! Oh, well. hehe

And I love how Spencer was trying to act like a tough man in front of Parker! Parker asked how it was, and Spencer was like, "Yeah, it didn't even hurt!!" Good thing Ryan put him back into place and told him that he was right there while he was crying.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. Poor kid. And poor mom! Those experiences are so hard for everyone. Glad everyone is alright!

-KJ said...

My dad wore a towel over his shoulder until after the stitches were done so he wouldn't freak at the blood on his shirt.
He did great once they started stitching, but did NOT like it when they put the drops on it to numb it up. He was pretty cocky (sp) after it was all over!!!
Jeej, that is so funny about Avery! She must have been really rocking! Write that one down!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

So did you make it to the temple?--ha, kidding. So do you think this will affect his male modeling career?

-KJ said...

Not once it goes through editing. He should be fine. His "Blue Steel" is too fierce.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so not looking forward to that part of motherhood. I would have probably passed out. Good thing your dad was there.

-KJ said...

And Mom, Grandma, two brothers, sister, sister in law, brothers "friend", and daughter. Everyone helped!!! Thanks guys!

Tiffany said...

WWWHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT THE HELL! That kid is freakin CRAZY!Is that what I have to look forward to with Ty? I WILL NOT make it! Seriously...that picture of him and Papa Paul is the greatest! One to frame and put on the wall! Papa's are the best! It gets me a little choked up...makes me miss my grandpa! I love your family!

CUTE PAGE! How did you do it? Help me would ya!!!;) Give Spencer loves for me!

shauna said...

It's nice to see that he can still arch his eyebrows!!!

ouch!

Alli Easley said...

Um I just realized we listen to the same music. Not a surprise...

-KJ said...

I'm not done yet. You know it isn't a real playlist until you have James Ingrahm. I love me some James Baby. Sexual Chocolate!

Taylor said...

That's nothing...I pooped my pants this weekend

shauna said...

You take after me and Susan, Taylor and that's the truuuuuth!!!

Alli Easley said...

stinky.

-KJ said...

NO JOKE! Seriously, how many times can someone do that in a year?

Lila said...

Awe...poor Spencer. I am sorry that happened to him and you. It is such a long drive from your place here so to have the trip cut so short all after having so much chaos is so dissappointing. Well, glad you made it home safe...

Ashley O said...

k seriously i almost threw up!!! I looked at the pictures first! Poor kid and family! I would have freeeeaked! OH wait, i am already! my legs still hurt!

oh and i almost threw up about the "mom's accidents"....um sickos!

Ben said...

I'm still laughing out loud (by myself) at Taylor's comment. Sorry about Spencer's head, it builds character.

Alli Easley said...

he's "special"

Nichole said...

He is still beautiful under all the blood!
I am still laughing at Taylor too.

-KJ said...

Sadly, none of us really know if he is joking or serious. So Tay, which is it?
I guess we should really be asking Mandy. She does the laundry.

Taylor said...

Both. I seriously did it but it was funny so its a joke. No everyone laugh.

-KJ said...

You and my mom are kindred spirits. Although, I am sure she could beat you out on better poop stories.