Sunday, August 5, 2007

Shop Til' You Drop


Believe it or not, I am alive! It has been a while since I posted last, but give me a break! I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I am sure it is mostly my fault for not being organized enough right now, but I feel like I have been so busy. Our house is moving along pretty quickly, so we thought we would head down to Vegas to do a little shopping. Furniture shopping! We left the kids with Bree and Eric (thanks a million guys), and took Ryan and Lydia with us to shop til' we dropped. My mom's friend Leslie was kind enough to take us with her to the Market. Kev and I needed some furniture, Lydia needed the experience (she is in the interior design program at BYUI), and Ryan was along for the ride.
We stopped at the R.C. Willey outlet when we got into town and found a couch for the kids toy room and a chair for the guest room. Not a bad start if you ask me! The next day we went to the Sands convention center to check things out. Holy grail! It was packed with stuff! There were a few things that I wanted, but they had already been purchased. Oh well. The guys split up from us because they would have killed us if they had to wait around for us. They were great sports! We made some mental notes after we walked it all and decided to come back the next day.
After we conquered the convention center we went back to the World Market Center. This place is huge! I am still not sure how much we didn't get to see. I know we didn't cover it all. Lyd and I stayed until closing to scope things out for the next day, but we couldn't buy anything because Leslie had to head home early. No worries! We ended up running to Tuesday Mornings so I could look for some sheets, and I ended up finding a rug! Of all places! Can you believe it?
The next morning we woke up early and headed out again! We scoped out a few more floors and then got serious. We ended up getting a sectional for our basement, 3 leather bar stools, a love seat, a chair for the den, a chair for the family room, a bed for our room, a 6 piece bedroom set for Olivia, a 5 piece bedroom set for Spencer, and 5 pieces of art!!! Sa-weet! I can't believe the mark up on furniture! There is absolutely no way we could have even bought half of this stuff if it was from a public furniture store. I honestly don't know if I can buy furniture at a furniture store anymore. I know that isn't realistic, but it seems so overpriced now that I have seen how inexpensive it can be!
Overall, I feel like it was a completely successful weekend. We got a ton of furniture, got to hang out with some cousins, saw a few flicks, and had no kids for four days! Not bad, eeh?

19 comments:

Lyd said...

This place was tons of fun. Now I know that when I get to the point when I need to buy furniture, I'm planning it aroung the Market!! Such good deals for such nice stuff! And I need to do some shop til' I drop shopping for clothes before I go back to school. And sometime I need you to come with me!

If you need any help with packing up the house, don't hesitate to ask! I am more than happy to leave from work and head up there to help you! And I will drag Ryan with me because he has nothing else going on this week. Really, just let me know, and for how ever long I need to go up there (I should go up there anyway) I will do it with out a second thought! :)

Tiffany said...

That sounds like tons of fun! That ie where we should look for furniture! How did you get it back up to Utah?

Tara said...

My question is when are you having your garage sale to get rid of your old stuff? I want to be there!

Lucky girl! It will be a very long time before I will ever go buy furniture for an entire house all at the same time. Who am I kidding? That will never happen. I am on the "piece by piece" plan.

I bet you got some great stuff! Will your house be done by Labor Day? We are coming up for Swiss Days and I would love the grand tour. Are you going to Swiss Days? If so, maybe we could meet up.

-KJ said...

Lyd, I am TOTALLY taking you up on that! I will get back with you when I figure it out.
Tiff, we have to pick most of it up from Cali. We could have had the majority of it delivered to our house, but we had to pick some of it up in L.A. so we decided to pick it all up instead of only picking up 3 pieces. We will just haul it.
Tara, I was totally on the piece by piece plan! This place allows you to get so much stuff for the price of one! It is cool too because it is the latest and greatest. R.C. Willey is about 3 years behind what these guys offer. Isn't that crazy! As for Swiss Days, I TOTALLY WANT TO GO! Plan on me meeting you there. I would love to show you my house too. I can't promise you it will be put together and the furniture won't be there until late September, but come on by!

k8shoe said...

I am so jealous! I wish I could have come with you down there! For sure let's plan on January. Also, we need to talk about planning the Sandals trip sooner than later (due to my growing gut).

-KJ said...

Sounds like a plan! I guess you need to shop for some maternity swim suits before they are out of season!

Nicole Cave said...

Not just anybody can go into the World Market...am I right or wrong!?

Alli Easley said...

I WANT TO GO!!!!!!

I'm glad you had fun, I need to go there. I need a bedroom set so bad, I have no dresser for me and Mike and we all know how nice and neatly garments hang in the closet...not.

Alli Easley said...

Oh and when you come to LA...come see me!

Lyd said...

No, not just anyone can get in. You have to be an interior designer and/or something else. Allz I know is that I can get in!

And Kissy, what is that website for swim suits?

Sarah said...

Sounds like tons of fun! Next time you are down we should all hang out or somethin'...

Amanda said...

It was so good to see you guys- even if it was just for a few minutes! Leave it to Macayo's to randomly bring the Nelson family together :) Ah I can't wait until I have an entire house to furnish! I'm so excited for your new house to be all done!

Nichole said...

Did you know that they are adding a few more towers to The World Market, crazy that they can sell that much furniture!
I am going to have to try and sneak in there!
Can't wait to see pictures of the new house!

-KJ said...

Nichole, they are adding another building. That is why they had to have part of it at the Sands Convention Center. Next year this thing will be gianormous! We couldn't cover all the ground in just a couple days. Next time I want to go for the full week! If you know someone that can get you in you HAVE to go!

Lila said...

Wow! That is my kind of shopping. I prefer home decor shopping over anything, that is just my thing. I didn't realize it was open yet. I will have to find a connection so that I can go too. Nicole, I'll let you know when I do, We'll make a girls event of it. Congrats on the new house...

Lyd said...

I think that they might even be building another building!! Well, that's what it looked like in one of the pictures that I saw! So that's a grand total of 4 buildings and 3 of the world's largest tents!!!! wowie

Nicole Cave said...

Hey you, can you send me your e-mail to cavebunch@cox.net Thanks!

Lyd said...

OK, so I figured out how dad eats. You were close. It's not a full fisted "grab" but it's more like a loose hold with this whole hand on the spoon/fork. It's annoying. I have to try and not watch him! hahaha :)

-KJ said...

Thank you for the visual.