Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Heaven Help Me


Ok, ok, I have been TERRIBLE at posting lately. I have a billion things to blog about but I just haven't done it. Life is crazy here. My house is filled with boxes, Spencer just got over the flu, and Olivia gave herself a black eye. I have been running in circles everyday, and my poor hubby is working all hours of the day. SO, today I felt like I should take some time out to spend with my sweet attention deprived children. We went to a local pool that has some really fun indoor and outdoor kiddy pools (this pic was from a different day at a different park). We had a ton of fun, and I began to feel like a better mother. On the way home I decided to stop for some food because I hadn't eaten all day and was starving. Anywho, as we pulled up to the drive through, a Hispanic girl with a mole on her face handed me my food and we left. Spencer was a little distraught because I didn't get him a drink, so he told me to go back and "tell the brown girl with the spot on her face give him a drink." WHAT! I couldn't stop laughing, which of course totally confused him, and all I could think was HEAVEN HELP ME! WHAT AM I TO DO WITH THIS CHILD? All I can say is that I was glad I was in a car when no one else was around. The end.

25 comments:

Tara said...

I think I woud worry less about him talking about the lady with the spot on her face and more about him looking like a ladies man in those glasses! He is totally showing off for that little girl and doing a good job at it. What a stud!

Alli Easley said...

That story was...well...to be honest...

I wept.
I laughed.
I cried.
I laughed again.
I passed out.
I revived myself with Sonic Ice.
I wept again.
I let out a big sigh.

How's that for my reaction?

PS, that Spence is a hottie. With our 9 boys in a row, and your Spencer, we're going to have 10 hotties within 8 years of eachother in this family. Heaven help us.

Lyd said...

I like how that little girl's bottoms are about to fall off! And Spence can even pull of some hot ladies sunglasses!!

That's awesome. How did Olivia get a black eye?!

Eliza said...

Is that Cherry Hill? I haven't been there in forever.

How sad that not too many years ago I nicknamed a boy in my ward "ole may" because of the same spot on his face. AND he knew about the name and never figured it out. WHAT?!?!? Or maybe he liked it and was flattered...oh so sad.

-KJ said...

Tara, I AM scared about him being a ladies man. At least he is at the point in his life where he things girls are gross, except for the girl he is pictured with. She used to live in our neighborhood and they are nothing but trouble together. So funny.
Alli, is that another Christensen trait you inherited? Overly dramatic? I was born with that one too. I have to say that your reaction made me feel really special.
Lyd, McKay is a bean pole and her pants are always too big, it is so funny. Olivia was running full force into the kitchen, tripped and as she was coming down she smacked her face on the knob on a drawer. Oh my feet hurt!
Eliza, yes, that was Cherry Hill. You need to go it is fun. They have improved it. Also, mole. Moley moley mole. That is awesome he didn't figure it out!

Nichole said...

Crazy when kids start to notice color differences in people. The story goes that Billy thought he was black all through Kindergarten.

Cortney said...

Haha! Man kids are so funny. And they know just what to say to embarass the crap out of you!

k8shoe said...

My daughter really needs to get a booty! Nothing stays up on her. She had a bathing suit on the other day that was 18-24 months and it still fit her. It was a bigger sized 18-24 months but still! Spencer does look pretty darn cute in those glasses. I love that picture!

Tiffany said...

O'my gosh I am laughing so hard. Why?Because I can hear Spencers voice in my head saying that! He is going to be just as funny as all you cousins are. I was talking to Terry today and told him if EVER the opportunity came for us to move...we need to move to Utah! I miss you guys! Hopefully my mom doesn't read this ;)

-KJ said...

Nichole, you have the funniest stories! I love it!

Katie, too bad she is tall. She could be saving you some serious money on clothes if she stayed the same height too!

-KJ said...

Tiff, MOVE! ;)

Nichole said...

Sage got a flat booty from Billy's side of the family and her pants are always falling down! She didn't get a lot of junk in the trunk like the Sallander girls! (Jaylin did)

Anonymous said...

I love it! One of my favourite things about kids is the things that come out of their mouthes!! I laugh so hard at my little cousins, and always notice my aunt and uncle are not laughing! Ha!!!

So fun to read about your life and your cute little family. Where is your house? We still need to meet up for lunch sometime!

-KJ said...

It is in Kaysville off Angel St. We need to get together. Life will be totally crazy until mid September. I have the reunion, moving, Mexico, and California!

Anonymous said...

You fun little gal! You just fill me in when life gets a little less hectic! Make sure to post all about the reunion!!!

Lila said...

That is so hilarious!

k8shoe said...

Have fun at your reunion...isn't it tonight?

Ashley O said...

oh good times found at the Bailey house...or car!

i hart the story p.s.!

Lyd said...

Ok, it's time for a new blog!

Alli Easley said...

Heaven Help You when I get my hands on your skinny little butt. Find a computer! I need updates on your life, don't you know?

Anonymous said...

Where are you????

Eliza said...

Hello Lady (to be said like Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride)....Where are you?

Saren Atkisson said...

long time no post
where ya been

Ashley O said...

September 10 and still no KJ...

Ees a meestairee!

Brock Nelson said...

You're almost as bad as Ryan... POST SOMETHING!