Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Control Freak

Ok, I don't want to get accused of posting child porn! This is my child and I don't want people to take this the wrong way. That said, Spencer has an incredible talent that I wanted people to witness. He has amazing control. Not of his behavior, but of his bladder! I don't know if any of you are like me, but when I need to go, I NEED to go. Once it starts I can't stop it! But this kid, total control! He manages to just eek out enough to, I don't know, take the pressure off?!? I think it is sooo funny that he doesn't just let it all go! He is so good at making it to the potty, and the last couple of days there has been no "spotting." Tonight, however, he was unpleasantly awaken and began to get a little upset. I think in his disorientation he leaked a little. Even still, amazing control! Can any of you stop it once you start?
I just think this is a great visual description of what mom's do all day! "Mooooom, come wipe my buuuumm!" Spencer didn't appreciate this (and the above) picture at all, but it is a part of every persons childhood and every mothers daily life. Too bad for this kid that he has a mom that will take pictures like this just for a good laugh. If my mom ever took pictures of us as kids I am sure she would have taken pics like these. Spencer, you are such a good boy at going potty on the toilet! Mommy loves that you are such a big boy! This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it! This kid has a shoe fetish just like his momma and his Uncle Ryan! He LOVES to play in my shoes. One day, he got my black heeled boots on and was walking around the house. I told him not to do it because I was afraid he would break his ankle or something. The phone rang and I was distracted, the next thing I knew he was "workin' it" outside! I laughed so hard. He was half way down the street before I could stop him. He wanted to show his friend Emery his cool "pirate" boots. It's a good thing HE thought he looked like a pirate, because I am sure everyone else that saw him thought he looked like he was trying to be something else, if you know what I'm sayin'! As a mother, I am sooo glad pirates are "in" right now because if they weren't I would think my son had an unhealthy interest in black heeled boots and (as Spence calls them) "precious jewels!"

32 comments:

Mel said...

Those are very funny pictures! And yes, I think it might be a boy thing as far as control, because Tyler's little undies look like that on a daily basis! He will hold it and hold it, dance around, and then run to the bathroom! Boys!

-KJ said...

To all you whiners, I am sorry it took me so long to update my blog! I just thought I would wait until Olivia's b-day party on Saturday, but I guess you are all as hungry as I am for fresh meat!

-KJ said...

Mel, I am so glad I am not the only one with a little guy with a leaky winky! That isn't really what I called it, but I was looking for something that kinda rhymed!

Tara said...

Does Kevin know you posted pics of his half naked little boy on your blog? Funny pics...I am not looking forward to the potty training bit. Caden drinks SO SO SO much and he wets through his pants daily. Since he is my first I don't have anything to compare him to. I use approximately 12 diapers a day on him. If not, he wets his pants multiple times a day. Finally, we have started to cut back on his liquids but he begs me for them all day long.

Alli Easley said...

Oh Miss Kissy, your boy is so awesome in his "pirate boots". Also, you mentioned "Precious Jewels" in the same post as the peepee story. You're nastay.

-KJ said...

Kev does not know about these pictures! I don't know if he would be happy about them, but I just wanted to see how many of you deal with the same stuff. I guess if I have to I will take them off! Alli, you are naaastay for noticing that! It was completely innocent! Only a Chris-chin-chin would notice that!

Alli Easley said...

YOU ARE!

Mandy said...

i love the "precious jewels" and tara 12 diapers a day??? we only use at the most 5 a day and hes a big drinker as well. how much liquid are you giving your son?? at least you know hes not dehydrated!! but 12 diapers?? i barely go through that many with 2 boys!!! i as well am not looking forward to potty training!

Eliza said...

Thank You KJ!

-KJ said...

You're welcome. Tara, do you need some plastic diapers? Just double up, that way you will only have to change him twice a day. Thats what I do. Ha ha ha! (That means I'm kidding)

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

Oh, dude, I've mastered the art of starting and stopping. Sometimes I'll just stand there and practice in the bathroom. Now if I can only master the art of stopping when I start to do or say smething stupid. I'd rather have that talent that stoppin the stream. I actually miss the days of havin somebody wipe my bum too. I can't wait til I'm in that nursing home and I can have that service again!! I keed mucho.

-KJ said...

Ha ha! Ry just said "smething stupid!" There we go Tay, we got him! Even though it was grammar, it is also Ryan, so we can use it against him.

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

You're going to try to "attack" due to a missing "O"? I've got yo freakin' O right heeya!

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

Oh shiz, it's March!

Lyd said...

True that freaker! I have a project due today! And thanks for the great visual Ry. Sick nasty.

Taylor said...

In the top picture with the dribble drabble pants, it appears that Spencer has a small jaguar sitting atop his head.

Eliza said...

He is not naked...He is all dressed...just ask Taylor-King of the underpants as an outfit.

Bree :--) said...

Oh my gosh...almost happy birthday for Olivia!!!! Holy cow. Got any good ideas for a gift for that girl? Anything she (I mean you) are just dying to have? Also, are you doin somethin for Spencer's birthday, or should we bring a present down with us for him too? What does he want?? Ok, enough questions...I cut the ol hair today--it turned out pretty cute~!

Bree :--) said...

P.S...I love, love, loooove the pictures--cutest kid ever!

Mandy said...

post before and after pics Bree!!!

Eliza said...

Maybe I should go to Rachel and have her dye my hair? What school is she at? AND it will be cheap and not hard since I'm only matching my natural color. Can anyone help?

AND BREE...Must see!

Bree :--) said...

Rachel's at Paul Mitchell...it's the one off of 9th East by Gold's Gym. Yeah, it would prolly be pretty cheap. The lady that does mine only charges like $30 for a partial color (just not the bottom), and as many different colors as you want. Anyway, she just does it out of her house, but I love her. She lives down here in Provo. I can give you her # if you want. But, I'm sure Rachel is awesome too!

Little E said...

You think taking picks of wet pants is embarrassing, how about mom showing grandma our bare butts just so she could see our tan lines. I'm glad she stopped that when we turned 15.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable. I love his boots with that outfit!!

Lyd said...

Hey, at least you didn't show anyone your big brown eye!!!

Eliza said...

AND my Dad of all people. You were the nasty child! (thanks to your siblings...no cousins helped out there).

Eliza said...

Okay bree I know that place...that use to be Von Curtis..boy I date myself. I need to get in for my hair like tomorrow. Is your lady good like that?

-KJ said...

"Hey Uncle John! Look at my butt!" Lyd, you were all on your own with that one. Siblings didn't give you any help on that one!

Lyd said...

But you guys did help me get to that point!!

Anonymous said...

Those are SEXY boots. Kevin must love those miss thang!

-KJ said...

bow chica bow bow!

-KJ said...

Tay, Kev got a pretty good laugh about the jaguar thing. It is an airplane, but I think Spence would like a large jungle cat on his head much more.