Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hibernation Is Over

I rub my eyes, take a good long stretch, and slowly stumble my way out of the cave. I am finding my self blinded by the sun...the scorching Arizona sun. That's right people we moved to Arizona. I know it has been a long time since I've posted and for good reason. Well, maybe I have had plenty of time, but you know how it goes when you haven't blogged forever. The idea of catch up is daunting, especially when you are like me and don't know how to tell a short story. A blessing and a curse as far as I am concerned. See, I am already getting distracted. So I will attempt a quick rundown so I can avoid a bazillion questions.

About six months ago...wait has it really been that long? Crazy. Anyway, Kevin and I were presented with an opportunity to work with my uncle doing some work on foreclosures with his auction company. It seemed crazy to disrupt our comfortable life, but with the economy doing what it has it made us pause. Heck, we were in the residential construction business! It was a really tough decision especially since Kevin worked with his brother and loved working with him at that. We decided to give up some of our comforts in a way to be proactive instead of reactive. Honestly, it was an answer to my prayers. Of course, those answers never come how you think they will. I prayed to find a way to get our proverbial house in order. I had made great strides with food storage, but part of that over all security is getting out of debt. This option we had on the table would help us considerably with that. Now, we didn't have crazy debt, you know, a car and a house, but still if the economy tanked that would be enough to be completely overwhelming. We wanted to be in a place that if Kevin ever lost his job Home Depot would be enough to cover the bills. You know?

Well, we decided to do it. We sold our house crazy fast, which was another confirmation to me that we were doing what was right, and moved into my parents basement for a few months. That was a blessing as well. What a great opportunity to have company from my parents while my husband was off in another state working. Spencer adjusted well since he had buddies on my parents street, and Olivia and I had a great time hanging out with my mom and Lydia.

Time came to move. Oh, don't worry. I had no idea what our house looked like. I just told Kevin to get what he thought was best. He did a really great job picking it out and did some hard work getting it all cleaned up for us before we got here. The move was kind of a frenzy since we had to head to Vegas the day after we got here for my cousin Chad's wedding. Needless to say we did a pretty decent job unpacking.

Now, we are pretty settled. We have a pool, which is a necessity here, and the kids LOVE it. Spencer taught himself to swim in a week. Just goes to show you what having a pool will do. All those wasted swim lessons where he was scared to death; makes me laugh just thinking about it. Our ward here is pretty spread out. That threw me a little because Vegas didn't even seem that way to me. I guess I was expecting it to be more like Mesa, which is more like Utah. Oh well.

Our biggest struggle has been with Spencer. Poor little guy. The kid had to move twice, get taken away from two sets of friends, and move to a neighborhood with no kids or boys his age in his church class. School was rough at first too. He has a teacher who is teaching for her first year, and she still is pretty rigid. That doesn't work so well with six year olds. He was in "Phase 1" (time out) three times the first week! Since then she has learned a little more about his personality and things seem to be going a little more smoothly. OH, and he had swine flu and currently had another seizure and a bout of strep throat, but in the last month or so he seems like a happier kid despite all his trials. Hopefully it just keeps getting better. He has been a real champ, and I love his guts even more for it. Olivia, on the other hand, isn't phased. Her only complaint is the heat...mine too, but I can't wait to rub it in Utah's face this winter.

Well, I think that covers it. The move anyway. Hopefully you forgive me for our absence. I had a nice blogging nap, but I am recommitted and ready to fill you in with all the latest drama. The real question is, are YOU ready?

20 comments:

Tiffany said...

ndk.hsdhgkszglshglzjbkdznhkahg.Snbszjk.hgio;jgbLSKHgiohLJBLhgj;zjhzldhjz;idhjzdlhjzdl/hjzdi....

That's how excited I am !!!! WAHOO! xoxoxoxo

-KJ said...

Wow! I will accept that enthusiasm with a deep curtsy.

Steph said...

Welcome back to the blog party!

Bree :--) said...

OK, LOVE the owls!! So darling. Check you out, being all productive and stuff. It was a good catch up post. We're soooo excited you're here with us. Now get Spencer better so we can actually hang out! Sheesh.

Ryan & Lauren Nelson said...

Yay!! I love an update! I miss being there with you guys, but the weather is so great up here right now... soon to be miserable. I hope poor spence gets better!! Tell Olivia I say hi and I miss her so much too!

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I misssss youuuuuu!!! (that's me yelling to you from Cali)...I gave up blogging and now I feel I have NO contact with the outside world! We need to catch up!
miss you tons!!!

Lyd said...

I about died when you brought up Home Depot. That truly is Kevin's dream job!!! Hahhaha I'm glad to see you're back in the blogging world!! Hip hip!! Hope Spence keeps feeling better, even if he is being a turd to Olivia. :)

aubrey said...

im glad you're back! and im so excited for your fam's new little adventure. your new family pictures are SO adorable. you're beautiful.
love you guys
aubrey

The Christensen's said...

Welcome back!! I love the picture of Spencer and Olivia - so cute!! Miss you guys! Counting down til Christmas!

Jill said...

I am so excited to see you back in the blog world! You have had quite a crazy 6 months! Sounds like all is well and I wish you the best. Post some new pics, the ones at the top of your kids is GORGOUS! Take care. It's fun to stay connected this way. Jill

k8shoe said...

I am ready. I am ready for some pictures of your house and your kids and yourself!!!!!

-KJ said...

TOO BAD! My dumb laptop is broken, and that is were all my pictures are. I don't really want to download them on Kevin's, but maybe I'll have too. We'll see. I took the best pic of Spence last night, and I need to get it up!

Audrey Taylor said...

I missed you! I love reading about your family! I'm so glad things are going well. Isn't it kind of an adventure to go somewhere new? I wouldn't know because Ben and I have lived here for 10 years- our whole marriage! Looking forward to reading your posts :>

Anonymous said...

Hey, everyone needs a little break. Glad your back to make us hate Utah winters even more. But we will return the favor next summer. :)

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Welcome back! I was so excited to see your post! I am glad things are going well with you guys and looks like life is well. I am very much so ready for your fun updates and latest drama.
Love,
your number one fan! :)

Lyd said...

I don't think the hibernation is over because it's been almost a month since your last post. Just sayin'.

-KJ said...

You're right! Just doesn't seem as fun when I can't post pictures. I need to make sure it's OK before I put them on Kevin's computer, since that is what I have to use now. :( I will get on that post!

abo-bder said...


فني تركيب وبرمجة الستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب الدش والستلايت بالرياض

abo-bder said...



شركة وايت شفط الصرف الصحى
وايت شفط الصرف الصحى بالرياض

abo-bder said...


شركة تركيب غرف نوم ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فنى تركيب
.
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
محل تصليح شاشات التلفزيون
شركة تنظيف مجالس بابها