Three years ago today I answered a phone call. It was a phone call from a nurse telling me that the induction schedule was full for the next day, and that if I wanted to schedule a time to have my baby it would have to be for the day after that or in eight hours from now. It took me about 10 seconds to decide that I couldn't wait any longer to see our baby that had been inside me for 9 months. The baby girl that already had a closet full of pink and purple clothes and a perfectly decorated room.
It didn't take me long to get packed and arrangements made for her soon to be big brother. I let my mom know, who was still living in Vegas at the time, and she started packing for the trip up. My dad, of course, was already in Utah working on their new house. Kevin and I dropped Spencer off at his parents and we anxiously headed to the hospital a few miles away.
I remember loving that his dad was at the hospital with his mother, our Grandma Bailey, and he kept popping in to check on me. My dad showed up before I knew it so he could visit and help kill time. The hospital was quiet, and although my contractions weren't too bad I wanted reassurance that the Anesthesiologist was near by. "Unless there is an emergency, he can be in in a moments notice." That's what they told me. Right about the time I was deciding it wasn't fun anymore, the nurses let me know there was an emergency delivery. I had to wait about 35 more minutes, but it just showed me how tough I was...kind of. Thankfully, I lasted and I received the magic potion just in time to make it all wonderful again.
Before I knew it, nurses were in and out and calmly rotating me from side to side to make sure the baby was OK. Her heart rate was dropping. They turned me away from Kevin, and I started to get really nervous. Just then, my doctor walked in the door and took over. I remember appreciating his calm demeanor and professionalism. Before I knew it, I had a beautiful little girl laying on my chest. She didn't cry at all. I also remember cherishing the time I had with her in the hospital. She was so sweet and mellow. Little did I know...
She would be a little maniac that we absolutely adore. Words that I think of that describe her are: tornado, lover, helper, drama, hugs and kisses, stomping feet and slamming doors, lip gloss, dress ups, pony tails, "Founding Father hair", daddy's girl, mommy's best friend, silly, busy, cuddle bug, compliment giver, sassy pants, hilarious, beautiful, blessing.
Miss Olivia, we love you so much and you have been such a joy and a blessing to have in our home. We are better because of you and love your spirit. You have taught me more than I could ever teach you and you have only been in our lives for three short years. I can't wait to see what an amazing woman you turn out to be. Thank you for being you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLI. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Grrr, I can't get pictures to post. I need to figure it out and get some up!
Me lovey her!!!!! Happy Birthday Oli!!! I wish I was there!!! Give her loves for me!!!!! xoxoxoxo
Oh we Love Olivia so so much!! She is definitely the life of the party and my little buddy! What would we do without her! I am sad we didn't get to see her on her birthdy!! Make sure you tell her Happy Birthday for us! Ha ha all of those words describe her exactly!! I love it! Love you guys!!
Happy Day!! It is so fun to think back on that day....Precious memories.
YAY!! I love this little girl. She is so freakin hilarious and I love hearing the new things (words or actions) that she comes up with! I miss her and can't wait to see her! :D
I could be off but it sounds like Olivia is a lot like her mama!?
Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday to cute Oli!!! Do you think it is ok to match her up with Breyden even though she is 6 months older??? =>
What a very sweet enduring post... You really have a way with words my dear. Hopefully I will meet this little angel someday..
Post a Comment