Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's That Time Of Year!


It's that time of year. You know, when you lose all reason and sensibility. For some reason you can't escape it. They are on street corners, store fronts, heck they are even banging down your door! Oh, and they don't stop there. They have to weaken you further by adding it into ice cream. Yes, you know what I am talking about. Girl Scout Cookies.

Well, lucky me, I just had to walk across the street and raid my neighbors garage. Cases stacked ten high and not only in one garage but two. I felt I restrained myself by only buying 6 boxes (for now), but sadly, I was sure she would notice if I tried to shove a case under my shirt. I could have made a run for it, but when you live two houses down it wouldn't have done much good.

This all comes at a high stress time for us, so don't judge me if you find me squatting in a dark closet with untamed hair facing a corner with chocolate smeared all over my cheeks and teeth. I have even found my children sneaking them. Do they know who they're messing with?!! Don't touch my Preciousss! OK, I'm not really that out of control *shifts eyes nervously*; we just had to decide that a "normal" serving size is 6 cookies.

Now I'm just wracking my brain for my neighbors garage code. I know she gave it to me once.

22 comments:

Ben said...

You're hilarious!

I found out last week that laura was hiding 3 boxes. It was like Eliot Ness busting Al Capone.

-KJ said...

Don't mess with mama bear.

Bree :--) said...

What the. I NEED me some of those. Want to get me some from your awesome neighbor's garage? Yum.

Sorry about the high stress! No fun. But, there will be no judging if I see chocolate smeared everywhere. How about you smear it all over your mirrors at home before you leave and DON'T clean it when those people FINALLY close! We need you down here for some party time:).

Bree :--) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nichole said...

I have two boxes getting stale in my panty, they are all yours if you want them.

Lyd said...

hahaha That's awesome. Little does Michelle know, but I have like 4-5 of her left over cookies still in my purse from carrying then around for stake conference!! They're mine. Oh, and guess what other treat I have!! Do you remember the Fudge Factory in Nauvoo?! Yeah, so, that's my roommate's mom's business! So I just at me a peanut butter fudge covered pretzel. It was beyond amazing. I should tell Tacy that if she really loves me, she'll have her mom send me a ton for my b-day so I can maybe share a bite with you! ;)

Laura said...

I was actually hiding 4 boxes and there is only one box left. (Ok, 1/2 box left), but I'm breast feeding Weston. I need the calories (right???)

Susan said...

When I was in Vegas last week, I went into Wal-Mart to get a Sonic. Don't ask. And when I came out, there they were. Cases of them in the back of a van. I turned and stared at them. No one would even know, because I was driving back to Utah from there. I turn to walk away. I stop. My diet coke says, "I need something to wash down." I turn back and stare while they load their table. Spencer and Olivia would love them. . . if they arrived home with me (in their box). FAT chance. And I walk away. The End

Amanda said...

Laura- you, more than any of us, are justified in this craziness :) lucky.
Susan- I'm very impressed! Haha. I've been able to walk away thus far... but I'm pretty sure the only reason I've been able to muster this strength is because I know my order from my niece is in the mail.
The ice cream stunt is just mean though. Thin mint ice cream? Why? Why would they do that us?

shauna said...

John bought 8 boxes because I saw the check he wrote to the "Girl Scouts"...when I asked where they were he said: "I knew that you wouldn't want them at home so they had a deal that we could buy them and then ship them to Iraq...so my cookies are entertaining the troops.

Jill said...

Yah I bought four, got them last night, two boxes gone. We are in trouble.

-KJ said...

SHAUNA! You believe that crap story? Ten bucks says they are hid in his car somewhere.

Lydia, YES!

Laura, totally. I ate twice as much when I was nursing than I did when I was prego. I think they were a total necessity to your survival.

Mom, we will totally share...if we ever get to your house.

Tiffany said...

What the hell????????? I haven't gotten mine yet!!!!! That Girl Scout better be coming fast!!!!! I am dying for some........me need some!!!!!

liufamily said...

I caved, but only for the Samoa's icecream. Lance thinks thats racial thing for me.

-KJ said...

Good thing it wasn't some super dooper double dark chocolate flava! Hee hee.

Nicole said...

"normal serving size is 6 cookies..."??? So what size serving was the entire sleeve of thin mints I ate last night...no joke.

Lindsay said...

Hey Kjersten! I found your blog through Tara's and wanted to say hi and how great it was to see you at the shower. Your family's beautiful and hope you guys made it safely back to UT.

I thought about posting about girl scout cookies too, but we went through our EIGHT boxed to fast for me to even take a picture. Oink Oink!

Mel said...

It's that time of year...to update your blog!!!!!

Audrey Taylor said...

Great imagery! I'm sitting here during the only peaceful time at my house... almost midnight , and you have me cracking up! Hope my kids don't wake up :O

Ashley O said...

blog. it's that time of the year.

Anonymous said...

Your random monthly updates on facebook aren't cutting it! Why are you in Arizona?

abo-bder said...




.
.
.