Friday, June 13, 2008

Auction Block Party

Humm diddy um ditty um ditty um ditty...SOLD YOUR WAY to bidder 156!

OK, so I lack the auctioneering skills, but I will say that I ran myself ragged last night helping out at the big home and property auction last night for ENAuctioneering. Kevin and I were able to participate with the rest of the Nelson crew and it was a blast!!! I think everyone had pre-auction nerves. No one knew what the turn out would be or how many actual bidders to expect. We had a few here and there that showed up before registration was supposed to start which had some of us a little nervous because our bid packages hadn't shown up, but we had a back up plan to keep us rolling. People started filing in and then we were all on our toes! I couldn't believe what a turn out we had!!! We kept numbering bid cards, thinking it would be enough, but it never was. I think we had about 179 registered bidders. We even had a few superstitious people! Love it!

As people began showing up I realized that I had no reason to be nervous. You could sense the nerves on the bidders. Most of them had never been to anything like this and were anxious to learn the process. They were in great hands. Uncle E is alway so cool, calm and collected. I can't forget humorous either. He has a way of loosening up any crowd! Also, I must say that Miss Aleda Nelson was as cool as I have ever seen her before. She was even groovin' to the band between properties! You go girl! My cute hubby even got a $20 tip!!! That lucky mug didn't have to move all night. He found a hot corner while the rest of us ran the room. Yeah, I was a little jealous since my calves were cramping in the heals I wore. Thanks Lydia for trading me shoes! Lesson learned.

All in all, the night was a great success. The over all vibe from the crowd was energetic and optimistic, except for Lydia's one account, but we will let her tell that one! I am sure now that we have some educated bidders, there will be even better results the next go around. After all was said and done, we were all worn out, hungry, and pretty excited at the results. Of course our way too generous Uncle E took us to a late night dinner to wrap up the night. Work or play those Nelsons' know how to party! Thanks for the adventure last night!

26 comments:

Lyd said...

Wow. Don't I look loverly in that picture there!! And I can click on it to make it bigger. But you guys don't have to do that. :)

I loved the vib of the auction!! It was SO much fun! I think that next time I'll be a bid assistant, if that's all good with the head-honchoes. I'll explain in a blog. I'll have to do that after I get home from work. Til then, I'll let all of your imaginations soar. hehe

Eliza said...

I drove by those signs every week on my way to Open Court to take Riley to basketball. I should have come to just say HI to everyone.

So did everything go?

Lyd said...

You should have!! :D And yup. Everything went! We'll see what the bank does. I'll post a link on my page with all the prices and such. It's crazy madness!

Audrey Taylor said...

I'm so curious. What were you guys auctioning and how did people know to come? Was this the first of many auctions, family business?

-KJ said...

It was a home and property auction. The homes were in different stages. Some were completely finished, some were in different stages of construction, and there were a few oldies. There were also lots available.
It is a family business. Some of my dad's siblings own it. My brothers did the leg work in Utah, and then they came up and ran the auction. They just did a ton of advertising. Mostly billboards, signs, and newspaper adds.
Everything went, but it still remains to be seen what the bank accepts. Some winning bids are obviously too low. There was a 2007 Parade of Homes that went for $525,000 for goodness sake! That house is worth double. I am sure that one will be rejected.
People will understand how it works much better at the next one.

-KJ said...

Oh, and you DO look lovely! Sorry your eyes were closed. You can tell you are telling an intense story! ;)

liufamily said...

Sounds like a blast!! I must say that I hate missing a good party(dinner) with the Nelson's. Miss ya.

Alli Easley said...

too bad you're so hot.

Mandy said...

im tired just reading this post. sounds like some fun though.

aubrey. said...

we have the coolest family ever!

Lisa said...

So I've never heard of an auction like that but it sounds like you guys had a successful time. You and Keven look so good! I the song "From this Moment on" and I thought of your wedding! Oh the memories...

k8shoe said...

So did the bank refuse that offer for the house in my neighborhood? Are you going to the next auction?

aubrey. said...

so i was wrong... we get home on the 11th! im not sure what time but i can check... just wanted to let ya know! :)

-KJ said...

Thanks Aubs!!!

I hopefully don't have to bring the kids down, but if I do, I will give Miss Carli a call!

mjs ashworth said...

Are you still alive???

Anonymous said...

Too fun, we still need to plan lunch sometime!!!

k8shoe said...

It's bizness time....can you guess what we finally watched?

Taylor said...

FALOPIAN TUBES WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!

-KJ said...

OK OK! I will post. I seriously haven't even been on my computer forEVER! Life has been so busy. Coming soon...

Anonymous said...

Seriously you are making us all feel like we have no lives. Are you on vacation forever!?!?

Sarah said...

I want to see a new post from you...how about today?? =)

Anonymous said...

Umm POST something!!!

Mel said...

Yeah, really?

Tabatha & Michael Stimpson said...

Hey KJ! this is off topic but you will not be disappointed!!
http://www.youtube.com/Spickie90
its a link to the movie clip that was held at comic con in cali. SOOOO EXCITING!!!! ;)

Nichole said...

grrrr!

rach said...

You never post any more who are you?:)