Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Your're Only 21 Once

Twenty one years ago today Lydia Marie Nelson came into the world at a whopping 10 lbs. 7 1/2 oz., a full head of black hair, and the cutest cheeks you've ever seen! Thankfully since then she has shed the hair that coated her shoulders and back too! Hahaha! I could hardly wait to take her newborn picture to my second grade class for show and tell. I think my teacher almost fell out of her chair when she asked how much she weighed. She probably thought I got my numbers mixed up!
I remember I was so excited to have a little sister. I had been the only girl stuck between two boys for eight years. The score was finally even. By then, I think I had mostly thought of myself as a boy, and it was refreshing to have some estrogen in the house. Lydia was as girlie as they come. She loved all the princesses, could belt Natalie Cole's "I Miss You Like Crazy" like no other, and let me abuse her head to no end with all her Sunday do's.
I think for her three older siblings it was a definite benefit for us to be so much older. We could get her to do and say anything. She could grab her junk better than Michael Jackson and got Uncle John to "look at her butt." Aw, those precious memories.
It has been fun to grow closer through the years and to have our age gap disappear. We have such a great time when all us kids are together, and we all look forward to the future. We are so proud of you Lydi. We love you so much, and have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Yeah, and one day I will learn to edit my scanned pictures. HELP!

11 comments:

Lyd said...

Thanks Kissy!!! I love it!! :D And how perfect that the first song that came on when I opened your page was James Ingram - Just Once It's like it was meant to be! haha And I'm glad to say that I now have "I Miss You Like Crazy" on my playlist. I need to relearn the words...and not just the chorus like I'm sure those were the only words that I knew. ha

"HEY JOHN!!!"

And I don't know what I would do without a big sister! All of you, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends are all huge examples to me!! You're the baste!

Can't you do the photo editing getto style. Save the scan as a jpg and then crop it in paint? It works glories for my Facebook profile pictchas!! haha I need to see what I looked like when I was tan and fit. I should tack that on my door..."Goal for end of summer." hahaha

-KJ said...

Wha? That is exactly why I don't know what the H I'm doing. You need to help me. My scanner was being weird today anyway.

Lyd said...

HAHA It's really easy! I'll show you next time.

Bree :--) said...

YEAH!!! HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY!! Lydia, you are awesome. You have such a fun and unassuming personality. You enjoy people just the way they are. Even if they're crazy weird, you just laugh at them. You are so fun to be with, and I always feel comfortable around you. You are a great example to everyone. Love you!!! Happy birthday!

-KJ said...

We are still sad that lil' Miss Taylor couldn't share her birthday with Lydi!!! What's up with that hospital being swamped? It's like you guys live in Utah County or something!

liufamily said...

Oh Happy Day!!! Yea for Lydia, so when is your wild trip to vegas? Isn't that what you do when you turn 21? Luv ya, hope you have a fantabulous b-day!!!

mjs ashworth said...

Oh, i remember 21. It was SO long ago! happy Birthday!

Allison Easley said...

HEY YOU STINKER! Happy birthday again! I'm commenting on my way out the door to DCA, but I totally wanted to check in and tell you that I love you! I can still hear you singing "I Miss You Like Crazy"...it's one of my favorite memories! See you soon, stinky!

Tiffany said...

Happy birthday princess Lydia!

Lyd said...

Spanks all!!!

And I wish I was in Vegas for my b-day!! That would have been amazing pretty much! Not much you can do in Utah. ;) And cousins would have been fun to have around on the "big" day.

Mandy said...

happy happy birthday lydia!