Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Olivia's First Haircut

Well, the day finally came. My baby got her first haircut. I am not sure if she is really considered a baby any more considering she is two, but she's still my baby! I have had so much fun braiding her hair and putting in ponies, but by mid afternoon her curls were starting to look more like cotton candy than anything else. So when, for no apparent reason at all, Olivia asked for a haircut yesterday, I thought I should jump on the opportunity. I mean really, how often does a kid ask for a hair cut!
She was pretty excited about the whole ordeal...until it started. Of course. She really wasn't too bad. She just didn't like the idea of having to look down. Once I realized it would be easier for her to stand on the chair she didn't seem to mind. I must admit, I think it turned out pretty cute! I had initially been putting it off because I wanted her sides to grow out a little more, but once it was all cut, the sides didn't bother me as much as I thought they would. It just looks like they are tapered. I wanted a more dramatic A-line on the sides, but those will grow out. All in all, I think it was a success. I think we have officially entered the stage of toddler hood (?). Don't you just love how it looks like she has no neck! That's because I bit it off! ;)

49 comments:

Lyd said...

HAHAHAHA Just the fact that she was the one who asked for a haircut makes me laugh. So funny.

I love it! So cutie! She's so freakin cute. She's a stylin 2 year old. :D

Lyd said...

And I love your page by the way! I need to give mine a change once I'm done with projects and such.

Nicole said...

My favorite shot is the profile. Darling haircut, but even cuter cheeks!

Jillian said...

ohhh I love it!! It is so cute, I'm impressed with your mad hair cutting skills!

Tara said...

SO cute!!! You did a great job! I wish my boy would ask for a haircut instead of getting hysterical when he gets one.

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Christensen's said...

Cute, Cute hair!! I can't believe how big she is getting!!

Tiffany said...

Shut it!!!!! That is THE cutiest hair I have ever seen!!!!!! O'my hec!!! I seriously LOVE it!!! Paige's hair is getting to be no fun to do..too long! It's past the middle of her back!! I want to cut it but just cant!!!! Help!

mjs ashworth said...

She looks so cute! I love a little girl with a bob! Savoy totally has a mullet but I can't bring myself to cut it because flip it's taken 18 months to get that long...

Lyd said...

HAHA Does she have bangs?! I LOVE IT!!! It makes me smile. :D

Ashley O said...

Awwww cuteness! I'm a fan. Of her cheeks and haircut. I hope my kids ask for haircuts like that. She's a cutie.

-KJ said...

I didn't cut bangs. They were already that length and kinda swoopy, so I left them. I need to try her hair out with her curls and see how it looks. It looks super cute flipped out too. So much fun.

Tiff, just cut it! Her hair will grow back! I think short hair is fun. Let me do it next time I see you! Oli said, "I yuve my hea cut," about 4 hours after it was done. She just said it out of the blue! THAT made it all worth it!!!

Bree :--) said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying!! She is soo cute! I'm so glad you can help my little girlie look cute, because there's no way I could do any of this. I will be taking advantage of your mad skills!! I yuve her hea cut too!!

Dani said...

Way cute hair - and you are TOTALLY brave. Now this you did yourself?? Kudos lady...... I can barely get near Madison with fingernail clippers and she goes berserk.

Lyd said...

haha It's called former hair dresser...I guess not former because she still does it! haha Kissy's a pro at this crap! :)

Anonymous said...

SO stinkin cute! I can't wait till my girls have enough hair that I can cut...well definitely not ME cut, but someone who knows that they are doing. lol

liufamily said...

She looks so big!!!!!! Her hair is DARLING!! I miss you guys!! I so wish I was coming to see you this weekend, but alas, my calling called. I love your page, so springy, it makes me want to decorate a bedroom. Oli is so cute I want to eat her. luv ya.

Eliza said...

so cute! Could you cut Miles like that? Ha! I believe Alli and I taught you some of those mad skills...just don't burn her forehead ;)

-KJ said...

Yea, because her head isn't tan enough to just peel the brown part off! She would just get a fat blister!
I am afraid the "mad skills" will include duct tape and a straight jacket next time. I honestly don't think it will go as easy next time.

Ashley O said...

i just laughed out loud by myself at those words my sister and you typed.

Nichole said...

Beautiful! She looks like a big girl when facing the camera but still baby in the profile shot. I would love a cut like that for Jaylin but Billy would divorce me. If she was smaller and couldn't tell on me, I would do it and blame her!
What a lucky girl to have a mama with skills!

Mandy said...

SO CUTE!! i love it. she looks so grown up. now she will no longer look like nick noltes mug shot when she wakes up from her nap! :)

dupaix5 said...

I Love her hair, and those cheeks I just want to pinch them. She is way too cute. I want to know how you got her to sit there, because it takes about 4 people to hold Ellie down during her haircuts. You did good.

dupaix5 said...

oh... and I love your new colors! You need to teach me how to make it all cute.

Alli Easley said...

I cut Kenzie's hair exactly like this in my mom's Gowan house kitchen, and she "yuved" it too. I think all baby girls need a-lines. Also all big girls. Ok maybe I'm just trying to justify my hair...or something. Oh and like my sister said, you know we taught you your mad skillz. That's how we roll.

mckell said...

yes they are boyfriend and girlfriend. next time they are there harass them for me because i am not there to do it myself :)

-KJ said...

McKell, consider it done!

Alli, it's funny because right after I cut it the first thing I thought of was Kenzie!!! I totally remember her cute little bob!

Taylor said...

Ahhh I am going to miss Nick Nolte. *sob sob*

-KJ said...

In due time...

Anonymous said...

Kjersten! It's me- Steph Nichols Smith from the good ol "FB"...I have no clue how i got to your blog- but i am so glad i did! Your kids are darling! I can't believe Olivia is 2!!! I have missed seeing you shopping around! Hope to see ya soon!
Steph

-KJ said...

How funny! Do you have a blog? You need to get one! It's fun. Hope all is well with your little fam! I still keep an eye out when I am at Target! ;)

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

I can't believe she is old enough to have a hair cut like this! She looks much to old for her age--this should be illegal!
As for me, I'm going to keep the twins hair growing until they're like 20 or something ha ha--well kind of, I seriously haven't had their hair cut yet! This makes me want to do it though--she's so stinkin' cute!
btw, I am really behind with all my beach goin' lately, but I am so excited that you finally read the twilight series! Reading your post made me want to read them again--I just don't know if I can put my family through that again. Maybe when it gets closer the the movie release.
for the record, Edward is so the one for Bella!

Alli Easley said...

You listed one of your favorite shows as Flight of the Condors. FYI, Mike and I just laughed til we had tears. True story.

-KJ said...

Concords! Oops!!! I swear I always say that. I DO NOT KNOW WHY! Kev thinks it is funny too. I am changing it post haste!

Alli Easley said...

nono! I love typos. LOVE! Btw, I'll call you tomorrow. Today got crazay. ♥ you!

aubrey. said...

can i get your email address... ill send you an invite! ps... the shower was super cute. i feel bad you had all that trouble trying to get me an invite! sorry...

-KJ said...

kjbailey79@gmail.com

I have no idea why I can't get my emails to go through to you! Weird.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

KJ she looks so old now! She is so beautiful. I love bobs on little girls. I cut a few girls hair in the ward and they always turn out so dang cute! Great job on the cut!

Lyd said...

K. You can hardly give me crap about not blogging! I posted my last one 5 days before this one! So you have 4 until I threaten you like Alli threatened me!!

Lyd said...

OK. I know you have something to blog about...but you can have rest first. :)

k8shoe said...

Lydia, is she pregnant? Needs rest?

Also, that girl has got some awesome hair! Not fair!

Lyd said...

No, she had to go into the Emergency Room because she kept throwing up from having a sinus drip(?) and was WAY dehydrated.

-KJ said...

Yes so please send dinners if you can...NOT!

Anonymous said...

She is so dang cute, she looks so much like you!!

Lisa said...

First of all, I can't believe you have 45 comments on this thing - wait, make that 46! Cute hair cut and I also love the cheeks!

Lila said...

OH MY! It is sooo cute. She is an absolute doll. I would love to cut Avery's hair but everyone is against me especially Avery. Did you cut it yourself too! Wow, good job. I
don't know how to cut hair...

aubrey. said...

i would comment on how pretty your little girl is, but 47 people already did and i dont know if you will scroll down this far! shoot!

Anonymous said...

50