Oh, could life's moments get any more precious than this? Nope. Three of the coolest boys in Mr. Syresons's first grade class in tights. It is even better that they have to wear a box. But the best part of all, that, my friends is when the box is too short. Now I am in the Christmas spirit! Thanks to Mikey Hardin, Mr. Ben Harber, and Tay for your help.
P.S. I will live in daily fear for forthcoming photos of myself that would be worthy of blackmail.

49 comments:
I honestly had blocked that out. The memories of anger with having to wear tights in front of the whole school and parents came back in a flash. I also remember being disatisfied with my father's dreidel because it was too short. If I have to wear tights please make the dreidel large enough to cover the bulge. C'mon Dad. At least Big Mike and Pam understood that.
P.S. Are you sure that's not a picture of Dorothy Hammil, Shirley Temple, and Corky?
Hee ha heee ha! LOVE IT! Hey, at least your parents were mindful enough to let you wear shorts.
So Ben, tell us how YOU feel about having to wear you LITTLE SISTER'S tights.
P.S. Do first graders really have a "bulge" yet?
you are so sick Kjersten. I swear.
Also, Taylor, I am absolutely positive that this is the best picture I have ever seen.
I? I am sick? WE are sick my little friend. Runs in the family.
I agree, however, that this IS the best picture I have ever seen.
BTW. I am still dying over "Dorothy Hammil."
UNBELIEVABLE...I'm going to have to remove the link on my blog to yours.
And to answer the question about the tights..."the bulge" is not something Harbers (yes it's family wide) have to worry about. We were blessed with big hearts.
SHUT IT!!!!!!! That is too funny that you had this on your post! After reading your comment on mine I shot right over here and had the best belly laugh!!!LOL!LOL! Okay! I really have nothing else left to say but PURE LAUGHTER!!!!! Thanks!
Okay....I am so sorry but how much gel is in Tay's hair? He is giving the camera a real dirty look!
No Tay is giving the camera a look like "check out my sweet Jew costume"...he's such of a racist. Oh and one more thing, that ghostbusters sign in the back is my favorite festive holiday decoration too.
That is just what I needed to start out my morning on a happy note!!!!!
Oh my gosh I love it!! And the comment by Alli is the best about the ghostbusters poster, awesome! I wish you could blow up the picture so we could see the faces real close and then be sure to determine the feelings conveyed by those darling boys who will never forget that day! ;)
I can't believe you have that picture. That is amazing. I love it and I love those little guys posing with such happy faces and NO BULGES!!! I was a great mother for letting Taylor wear the shorts...you can thank me later, Taylor. Also, that was a day when Taylor wanted to do his OWN hair...as I recall. May be wrong. I am sure that Taylor will clear that up for me.
I think I probably used a lot of infusium (sp?) from Mom's bathroom to get that nice shine. I didn't know what it is was to be used for, I just knew Mom and Susan used it to perfect that Andre the Giant poofation. If I am not mistaken I believe Mom still has that same bottle from 1985. I would have used Aussie Spray but Alli and Lies had used the whole bottle on those bangs/atomic mushroom cloud bangs.
Mom - You call that face I am making happy? I guess that was the day my cynical outlook on life began. Plus the thanks for letting me wear shorts has been thrown out the window for letting a 6 year old do his own hair whils't he is spinning in front of his whole school in the R.E. Tobler cafeteria / theatre / gym / fairgrounds. BTW - The acoustics in that room were fabulous. The rumor was George Dare, Ben Vareen, and many major 1980's Marengue bands laid down their tracks there.
P.S. Why does Kissy have that picture and I do not?
P.P.S. Speaking of Ghostbusters...I remember Alli and Eliza coreographed a dance to that Ray Parker Jr. jam from the past for all of the cul-de-sac children to do for Mother's Day. All I remember from it was when the cowbwell part (boom-boom...tink-a-tink-a-tink) played we shook our butts to the beat.
I too so wish I could make click to make the picture bigger.
About my hair and the big bangs... at least Tiff loved it!
Alli and I are the best choreographers in the West! Take that Buddy/Napoleon/whatever you go by and Tab
make click make click make make click
See! Look how much joy this brought to everyone!
I am sad it won't get bigger either! I don't know why it is doing that!!!
I am also sad that I don't have a picutre of our dear, sweet, embezzeling principal in a santa costume. Is there anything better than a black santa?
I am wondering if this box that Tay was sporting was later turned ito his robot? Halloween costume?
Also, what made the teachers think it was a better idea to have the boys wearing tights than the girls? I have no recollection of what I was in. Was it even first grade? Maybe it was Mrs. Kings kindergarten class. Oh well. Good sports you were, and all of you still succeeding in marrying women way out of your league ;). Props to you all!
I hate that our Mr. Evans was an embezzler. I sure loved when he would give us hugs so tight that it would crack our backs. See back in simpler times adults could hug children that weren't theirs in public and not get thrown in jail.
hahaha our family is amazing! i love it... all of this is making me miss everyone :)
xoxo
Yeah, Liza. We should have pursued dance just like Ashley did. We'd be so successful.
Oh and the Infusium was a leave in conditioner, to be used sparingly, but didn't you guys find yourselves squeezing it on your scalp for like 30 seconds after a bath? Who told our moms that was even worth a dime?
I freakin love you guys!
News flash!!!! It was Mr. Evans Secretary who flew the coop with the cash. He was found negligent but not guilty by the Oblad, Bywater, Rogers tribunal.
BTW, that is only a 7 year old bottle of Infusium in my bathroom now. What are you doing in that cupboard anyway? Just being Taylor. Looking for the Clorox to bleach your ends again?
Also, when did I ever let you do anything? You pretty much did what you chose...Am I right,or am I right, or am I right? (MOVIE TITLE?)
A moment of silence for Mr. Evans........
I shun any of you who are still dabbling with Infusium 23! There are enough hair stylists in this family to get you some cheap PROFESSIONAL products!
Sadly, I thought that stuff was magical when I was younger. I had no idea what it did for my 7 strands, but I couldn't live without it! That and Finesse!
Hey! Who says you two can't pursue dance now? I swear every Rebeccany, Tiffica, and Janezibeth has a studio out of her home up here anyway! You guys could run the out of town!
I still love Mr. Evans either way. K you hair peeps... I need help with static!!! What works best?
I love your names of dance studio owners. What could I be? Elizsica, Staliza, Eluana?
Eunina Obajeebee?
*quietly laughs heartily and shakes the laptop*
I love YOUR names!
I personally believe that Bed Head Afterparty works fabuloso for static. I think Ash even has some. It is super light, totally not sticky, and can rub into your hands like lotion after you are done. Grrrreat!
As does the Bed Head Hair stick. Just make sure it is just a little otherwise your hair feels like a candle.
i am laughing so hard right now. im so glad to be a part of this family!
hair products:i also like the redken "glass" but you have to use very little otherwise your hair just looks greasy. but the bedhead is really good.
Three words and a good nights sleep.... Mane and Tail!
Stop! I remember when she used that. It was so her hair would grow out before Wick got home. Hooray for Curtis.
Eliza, use the Afterparty. I suggested it for the very reason that you don't have to worry about using too much. One squirt and you are good. Most other products you risk making your hair look like it hasn't been washed in a month.
Dani used the Mane and Tail azwuhl! Talk about greeeezy. Smelled good though!
Kj- wasn't your name Lupica? I think we saw that as the name of a mini-mart on our church history tour.
I will buy me some afterparty tomorrow after the party (whah?)
Marona Singadoma? Who was that?
oh yes i like the afterparty! i also like to use biosilk shine therapy for my ends if im having an extra frizzy day.
Merona Singadoma was Ms. Sarah Adams.
Joe and Heidi LOOOOOOOOVE the Mane and Tail. The kids aren't allowed to touch it when they are visiting. It's so very special to them. Classy.
Also! I like the Frederic Fekkai Winter Hair Anti Static Weightless Mist. You can get it HERE on ebay for like $20. It smells all tropical and beachy and delicious. Mmmmm. They used to have it at Sephora but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know. Try it. Can't beat online shoppin.
Dawn used some new stuff called CHI on my hair last time and it is static-free and soft...But I don't have greasy hair so maybe that wouldn't work for the oily hair people...Sakawannaoblah
KJ and Melissa Avance swear by egg whites to soften the hairs
So Ree, I ment Melissa Johnson
Yes yes, did love the yummy smell of M&T, but got a little tired of the towel on the pillow each time it was applied. Need to try me some of the good stuff being thrown around on here, that's right, I'm taking notes! ;) (I need someone in my family to do hair that's all there is too it!)
I bet Lester would be a fab hair dresser to the stars.
That is great!! No i think you should post some of you! I have some pretty good ones of you from High School..... Ha!
Eeww! His wrists have too much muscle in them, therefore they don't go limp at awwwl.
I bet'cha if you told him he could cut Larry Bird's hair he would change careers in a heart's beat.
That's not a bad idea. A whole Men's Barber Shop where the only cut you can get is the Larry Bird mop. There would be some choices because you could choose the 1979 Indiana State mop or 1980's Celtics look. Also you could get a shave excpet for a thinning nasty moustache which would be left to get the ladies.
I bet they would do well in New England and French Lick. We could call it Crap Face's. Don't tell Zesty Lesty I said that, please!
Dani, he might do really well. Strong wrists are a must for hair styling. Who says you need limp wrists anyway these days. You just need to know how to sashe'!
Tay, love the idea! Sadly, it would probably be a hit. Shave and a afro...two bits!
Sick sick sick! :) I love the nickname, and can't wait to tell "Zesty" about it -- he'll die of laughter and I think you're right about the Larry Bird thing - greatest thing since sliced bread I believe and all that hoopla!
Sashay away!!!!
Mom I used that CHI stuff on my hair when I stole it from my roomie last year....once or four times. Um, its good but you have to be careful not to use too much. I like the Afterparty sooo much....it lasts a long time too.
Taylor is sicko. So what else is new? The end.
Zesty Lesty huh?? Yeah, you're right it would be in a heart beat that's for sure but I would have to do hair like Tom Brady as well (13 and 0 that's all there is to say about that) Oh and if I'm zesty Lesty does that make you tangy tay?
I have been wondering if Taylor's dad has a good sense of humor like the rest of his family, and now that I have seen the box, I am guessing yes!
I think I might have been solely responsible for the success of Rave hairspray, and if you remember my hair from high school, you know what I am talking about!
Now a days I prefer Redken Outshine to keep my mop tamed.
Any more pictures to keep us amused?
47 comments? you're way too popular to be my friend :) awesome picture.. And I love the Christmas decor, you're new house is beautiful!
Post a Comment