Saturday, December 8, 2007

This Is More My Style

This has kind of become a little tradition of mine to share this version of "Twas The Night Before Christmas" with my friends. I know some of you have heard it befo', but like I said, tradition. Enjoy, especially all you Chey-Town Alumni. No, this was not written by Snoop. Just seems like an appropriate picture!!! Let me apologize now to my in laws, who sometimes read this! This is hard core gangsta :/

'Twas da night befo' Christmas and all in da hood,
Not a homie stirrin' cuz it was all good.
The tube socks was hung on da window sill,
And we all had smiles up on our grill.

Mookie and Bebe was snug in da crib,
In da back bedroom cuz dat's how we live.
Mom's in her do-rag and me wit my nine,
Had just gotten busy cuz my girlfriend's fine.

All of a sudden a lowrider rolled by,
Bumpin' phat beats cuz da systems fly.
I bounced to da window at a quarter pas'
'Bout ready to pop a cap in somebody's ass!

Well anyway, I yelled to my lady, "Yo peep dis,"
She said, "Stop frontin' and jus' mind yo bidness."
I said, "For real doe, come check dis out,"
We weren't even buggin', no worries, do doubts.

Cuz bumpin' and thumpin' from 'round da way,
Was Santa, some reindeer, and a sleigh.
Da beats was kickin', da ride was phat,
I said, "Yo Red Dawg, you all dat!"

He threw up a sign and yelled to his boyz,
"Ay you give it up, let's make some noise,
To the top of da projects and across da strip mall,
We gots ta go, I got a booty call."

He pulled up his ride on da top of da roof,
And sippin' on a 40, he busted a move.
I yelled up to Santa, "You ain't got no stack?"
He said, "Dayim homie, deeze projects is wack.

But don't worry black, cuz I got da skillz,
I learnt back when I hadda pay da billz."
He slid down da fire escape smoove as a cat,
And busted da window wit a b-ball bat.

I said, "Wassup Santa whyd'ya bust up my place?"
He said, "Nigga you best get up outta my face."
His treads was all leatha, his chains was all gold,
His kicks was Puma, and they was five years old.

He dropped down da duffle, Clippas logo on da side,
Santa broke out da loot and my mouf popped open wide.
A wink of his eye and a shine of his gold toof,
He Cabbage Patched his way back onto da roof.

He jumped in his hooptie wit rims made of chrome.
To tap dat booty waitin' at home.
And all I heard as he cruised outta sight,
Was a loud and hearty...WEEESSSSIIIDDDEEE!!!

27 comments:

Mandy said...

i seriously love this. it coule also be applied to all mojave alum!

Eliza said...

and Western

Ashley O said...

not Centennial....sadly. lol but yet there were the white guys that wish/acted like this could apply to them.

THE BECKSTRAND FAMILY said...

OH! You gave me a copy of this last year and I thought it would be funny to have my GRANDMA read the poem to all our family on Christmas eve. I hadn't read it for a week or so and forgot about the "racial slang word" in it. My grandma enthusiastically belted it out--right there with my niece (her grandaughter) who is african american! She was only 10 and I don't think she noticed (I don't think my grandma even noticed). But my aunt her mom) did. I took her aside and apologized about the word after. Luckily, she wasn't worried (she actually really liked the poem)and didn't think her daughter even knew what the word was...feww! Do you think we should make this a tradition in our family???
good times, good times :)

Lyd said...

I love this crap. It makes me laugh every time!

And not at LVA because gay people go there...except for the non gays.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Thats the most amazing thing i have ever read. Thank you for sharing! I loved it!

-KJ said...

I think this poem applies to most of the Las Vegas valley high schools. Lyd, you need to come up with a femmy version!

Mel, I love that that happened! It is so awesome that it was your grandma! I was thinking of that story when I was typing this out again. Definately make it a tradition in your family too!!! Grandma needs to read it every year!

Theresa, I love it too. That's why I have to do it every year. I don't know if my hubby is amused with it as I am, but OH WELL!

Tiffany said...

Seriously.... I love this dawg! My total favorite!

Alli Easley said...

Mike is so offended by this...











...NOT! (to be said like Borat)

Anonymous said...

Oh that is great! I love that us Cheyenne Alumni had the opportunity to learn this language. I bet there are alot if white folk who would not quite understand this bit! Chey-Town!!

Anonymous said...

How funny I love it!

Lyd said...

We all need to get together and work on that femme on. It will be amazing!! Rich would have some good ideas! hahaha

Nichole said...

Takes me right back to Cheyenne, such fond memories! For some reason it also makes me think of Ice Cube?
When I was teaching at Centennial some of the kids were scared of me just because I went to Cheyenne, the others were scared of me because I was mean! ;) My CHS alumni status also gave me instant respect from the racially diverse students. Who would have thought!

Amanda said...

are you from vegas or something?

Little E said...

Does anyone else think Snoop looks like a black Bryce?

-KJ said...

What? NO!!! He looks like that guy off Star Trek (I don't remember what one) and Liam Nieson.

liufamily said...

So am I the only one who has watched the new reality series on Snoop and his fam???? Do they allow such things in Utah? HAAA!!!

Nicole Cave said...

Hey Merry late Chritmas...I posted some new stuff. I love the three dreidels. Why do they always sing about this, but not Christ. Wierd!!

k8shoe said...

Yawn.....

Eliza said...

coe chee coe chee coe chee (that is snoring a la Kensie/Tippity)

Jono said...

Kj, and anyone else who cares, the twins are here. And boy are they lucky they have a hot mom, cos' they are cute. If you want to see pictures you have to go to out blog. http://bailey7.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eliza said...

I see that you too have added Enchanted to your Blogmusic. Don't you just love Jon Mclaughlin?

Alli Easley said...

YAY cute background! See, it ain't nothin once you get the first one done.

Mandy said...

ok its been almost a month...i think its time for a new post!

Eliza said...

Yeah, Snoop was so last year...

-KJ said...

Yadda yadda yadda. I posted fools! I was probably writing it when you commented. There you go!