I finally got some of my Christmas decorations up! Hooray! Who knew it would ever happen. I wish I had more, but I have the hardest time paying full price for any holiday decorations. One of these days I will finally give in, and our house will look as festive as I would like. I have really been in the baking mood, but Kevin is trying to get back in shape, and is doing really well. I almost sabotaged it last night when Spencer and I made some yummy peach crisp. It just seemed like a cozy dessert to have on a cold winter night! Anyway, he held tough and didn't have any. Good job dude! More for me!
We got the tree up too. I thought it would be a fun Family Home Evening activity. WRONG! My poor, poor children. It started out fine, but Olivia was a little too into all of the decorating. She almost pulled the tree down twice, and I can't believe we didn't end up with any broken ornaments! I ended up sending them down to the basement with Kevin so I could finish! My ribbon was for our old tree, so it's a little short, but I think it turned out OK. I wanted a red, gold, and white tree, and this is what we ended up with. I had to add some of the kiddy ornaments just because that is who the tree is for of course! Now, I just need to figure out how to keep Miss Oli out of it!
Speaking of Olivia, look at her cute hair!!!! I love it! I can't believe she held still for it. It even survived two car seat rides, but by nap time it was thrashed. Oh well, it is nice to have options other that the nappy mullet.
I can't leave Spencer out. He has been really into making crafts and Christmas activities, so he was so pumped when he got to make a ginger bread house at his neighborhood playgroup. He did a great job! I love the disgruntled snow man! He also had a blast in his bath last night. I think we could call this the Abominable Snowman. This is what happens when Dad gives baths. Party!!! Mom, on the other hand, is all business. He thinks he is getting a tub full of bubbles every time now! Olivia was supposed to get in, but I freaked her out too much before Spencer got it, plus the water was to warm for her. Oops.
There you have it folks, a new post. Sorry for the delay, I was struggling with some computer issues. Now, I should probably try and get some shopping done. Yup. I have only gotten ONE gift so far! I am in trouble.
25 comments:
I've got to be the first to say--your home is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see it decorated! Hmmm...Dec.30th--your house??? Just a thought :)
I need lessons on hairstyling! All I can do is little pony tails on top of the head. I've tried to french braid, but I only make it 1/4 of the way through. I think I'm the one without the patience!
Finally...a few pictures of the house. More please!
Yes, your house looks awesome! I love your tree! Yes, the 30th at the Bailey's. And I definitely need some lessons on french braids. Too bad we don't live by each other (for more reasons than this) cuz I'd send McKay over to get her hair done daily!
Dang, you are talented! I can't believe you got Oli's hair to do that! Ditto on all the house comments, I'm totally embarrassed that I haven't been up to see it yet, I'm such a crappy sis-in-law. Eric and I are gonna come up and take you guys out...one of these days!
hahaha check out them bubbles! That Spencer cracks me up. Oh and Oli's hair is so cute! I love it! I'd love a girl, but you know...I'm like 56 so whatevs.
Also, um cute house much?!? I love it! I love it. Love.
K, love you. Glad you're posting again so I don't have to obsessively check your blog 2332 times per day just to be broken hearted.
very nice tree, very nice house, very nice hubby weight lose (curtis has now lost 25lbs poop face), I LOVE the braids!!!, nice bubbles, nice gingerbread house. I too need to make the trip up to see it all in person.
Yay for decorating and christmas spirit!
I haven't done ANY Christmas shopping yet. Holy Crap! Love the pictures!
Pretty soon you can make one of those braids (ala the violin recitals that goes all the way around your head). They looked so cute on you so they will look cute on Olivia too (since you are clones)...
Just a note: Alli if you are 56...that makes me 80. Don't think so!!!!
your house is so NICE! i want to see more pictures also.
olivias hair looks so cute. i cant wait to have a girl....hopefully. my luck i will have all boys.
good for kevin and curtis. i barely lost the extra weight i gained from thanksgiving. now 5-8 more lbs would be nice.
you're right mandy... it is lucky to have all boys!
and who knows better than you liza?
i wouldnt mind having all boys and im sure taylors wallet would love not having a girl!
If I had to have only boys or girls, I would TOTALLY have boys! Although, Spencer is more emotional than any girl! Hee hee.
Mel, I just did some shopping today. Finally! You have a waaaaay better excuse than me. Prego with twins zaps all the energy you have. Shop online!!!
Happy to see that you are now in the Christmas spirit!
Beautiful everything...house, children and Christmas tree! Very blessed!
From what I saw in the pics, you have a beautiful home. Joy of living in Utah is that it probably didn't cost you as much. I'm jealous. => It's fun to finally get in the Christmas spirit. I decorated the day after Thanksgiving but the excitment faded a bit once I realized what a nightmare it is to keep Breyden out of the tree. Good luck with keeping Olivia out of it.
That is one of my goals.....to learn how to french braid! So stinkin cute! Love the house lookin all festive girl! You did awesome!Miss you so much this time of year :(
And if Alli is 56 that makes me 45!!! Hey not that bad...but still...compared to 80 that is.
Um love the house too. and the hair and bubbles and disgruntled snowman!
What in the heck is that Rhinocerous, Hippopotamus song?
Such cute kids, you have some amazing genetics there!! I love your fireplace. It is gorgeous! We still need to meet up, i want to come see your house and you! It has been way too long!!
What is that song?!!! It is from one of the funniest shows on cable! Let me introduce you to the Flight of the Conchords. Check them out!
Congrats on the Christmas Spirit, still workin on it here. I wish we were closer this time of year. I think that is what I miss. And for my kiddos to have lots of cuzins to enjoy the holidays with.
I swear. I am so out of the loop!! Stup hw and finals!! I just need to make it threw 4 more days and I should be good.
I love it all, the decor, Olli's hair, the The Bubble Man Spence. I can't wait to come home to see everyone!
Remember that Gonhy on the
Ribbuh? Ha Ha Ha Ja Ja YA.
Albi the racist Dragon for President!!!! His tears turn into Jelly Beans. I hope no bogey flavoured (Olde English Spelling)
Post a Comment