
Well, it is Saturday night, the kids are in bed, the house is clean, and I need to pack! We are off to Mexico tomorrow morning! Aye aye aye aye! Kevin, my dad, mom, Eric, Ryan, and I are heading down to Guanajuato, Mexico to visit our Aunt Aleda, Aunt Carlene, and Uncle Rosendo. Carlene and Ro live there with their twins, and Aleda decided to buy a vacation home there just around the corner. It is a sweet little town that is full of character. It is even know to host a film festival or two. Believe it or not, my Aunt Carlene had Tim Burton over for dinner a month or two ago! How I would have died to met that man. He is so creative and created my cute Jack Skelington! Anyway, a full week without children and just soaking in culture, conversation and food is exactly what we need! The town is located in central Mexico, but I think we are staying a day or two at my aunt and uncles new Bed and Breakfast (or is it a Chair, Lunch, Dinner?) on the beach a couple hours away. We are so excited!
We are also so lucky to have Kevin's sister and her hubby watch our two little ones while we are gone. They have two children too, so that means four children four and under, and three of them are in diapers! What the?!! Let me not forget to mention they are coming from another week long sitting job of four children (so 6 total) including a set of twins!!! Maniacs, I know. Good luck Nicole and Garrett! We love you for doing this!

13 comments:
So now you have to watch their kids for them while they go on a week vacation. Wouldn't that be nice.
Anyway, Jealous!!!!!!!!
Say Hi to them from me! I love that family of the Nelsons!
Welp, you have fun without me. But hey, at least I have already been there, so it shouldn't be that bad. I just want be some of that yummy cheese fondue! Make sure that you get some of that!
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I could go! I luff Mexico! Beans,beans and more beans!!!!! Eat some for me! HAve fun. Can we plan a girls trip there? I am so serious! Tell me when and I am there! Love ya!
Have tons of fun! Bryce and I would like to go down there someday too!
have fun. i am so jealous as well. it would be fun to plan a girls trip there. :)
Yep, it is confirmed...you are way too spoiled!
Have so much fun! I am sure it is well deserved! Will look forward to seeing pics! Give your mom a big hug for me! Be safe!!
That sister-in-law needs an extra FABULOUS Mexican souvenir.
Wow. What awesome family to come watch those kids of yours! Next time you want to leave them somewhere, bring them on down here, I'd love it! So would Mike and the kids!
Also, um...Tim Burton? As Harper would say "wowowowowowowow!"
Have fun and be safe. And I was serious when I said to bring the Pepto and Ammodium and anything else that has a binding effect!!
Yeah Lyd, you and me sista...no love!! haha. Just kiddin, but I've never even been there, so I'm relying on some sweet camera footage. Eric said that Aleda did a full tour of her house on camera for me. He also said he was so ticked he forgot his camera when the went to dinner last night because they had this mariachi band come play and some fat, old, mexican lady was bumpin and grinding to it. He said it was the best thing in the whole world. It's about time you and me leave those fools and go on a trip for ourselves!! Seriously.
Hope you guys have so much fun, which I'm sure won't be too difficult! Also, your sis-in-law is crazy/awesome...TWO STRAIGHT weeks of babysitting--NO THANKS! haha
Hurry and post something Mexican!
Post a Comment